Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Prague another shooting  (Read 109167 times)

Mbrown001

Re: Nice :-( - Munich - next?
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2017, 07:13:35 PM »

Our Prime Minister is pulling up her big girl pants I think.
Things may be about to change perhaps.

Mrs Brown

Night_Owl

« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2017, 10:55:21 AM »

Everybody in this country needs to WAKE UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTlyCcL_5pU

Night_Owl

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »

I haven't read the Links as I'm really tired.  We need to realise that we don't have enough Forces and NHS Staff and that impacts on being able to check on everyone who might be a suspect.

Night_Owl

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2017, 12:33:54 PM »

A start would be to stop Foreign Aid to countries who hate us to fund the protection of our country.

Do people not realise we are AT WAR?

50000 people at the Manchester concert singing and dancing to happy feel good songs as if everything's alright?

Why aren't they LIVID and ANGRY that only weeks ago children were blown up?

Why aren't 50000 people outside Downing Street demanding answers as to why all these known people of interest (23000) are allowed to roam the streets and insight terror. 

SHEEP wake up.

Claireylou

« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2017, 12:37:01 PM »

:-\

CLKD

« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »

Because I haven't the energy and I feel that should we go to any of our towns en-masse when Police etc. are otherwise engaged, we would be more of a hindrance.  We have the opportunity to improve issues on Thursday.  We can get more involved at local levels by joining the Parish/County Councils and by inter-acting with people as people, not as 'different' religions.  [which I don't have any interest in].  We can write to the various Powers that Be to put points across. 

I think it's absolutely fine to get together as a Concert, we have to move forwards - think back to how people reacted in WWII.  They got on with Life as best they could despite rationing, properties disappearing in one flash after a bomb.  Children, pets, adults, newly married etc. were all affected. 

I grew up with fear of The Bomb plus the IRA putting forwards their feelings, which probably wasn't the way to impress their views; as well as living in a family 'at war' between themselves [hence my anxiety issues  :'(].  I have got passed the point of being angry.  Sad.  It's a waste of energy on all sides ........ at what point is it OK to 'get back to normal' ?  I have stuff to do, people to see, places to go and I will not give up unless anxiety takes over!

Mbrown001

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2017, 12:44:27 PM »

:o

Mrs Brown

babyjane

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »

I suspect the people of Manchester and beyond are both livid and angry but you can't live every day in a permanent negative state, it impacts on your health and then the terrorists will have ruined more lives.  We have to find a way to live with what happens.  that doesn't mean we forget about it when we turn our TVs off.

I was touched by the family of the Canadian lady who died in her fiance's arms on London Bridge who asked people to donate to a homeless charity in her daughter's name.  That's the way to do it, not get eaten up with anger and let it poison our lives and thoughts.

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »

Apparently this lady had worked with homeless charities in Canada.  Ironic ain't it .........

Megamind

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »

I agree Hasty and most of those were kids who I presume have no understanding of politics and terrorism. In my eyes, they were brave enough to go back to another concert.

CLKD

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »

As an anxiety sufferer being in such a large crowd would be impossible anyway, so Good On 'em! 

cubagirl

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2017, 05:07:20 PM »

I agree Hasty and most of those were kids who I presume have no understanding of politics and terrorism. In my eyes, they were brave enough to go back to another concert.

I agree. Must have been so hard for them, not sure I could have done that. Youngsters could probably teach us a thing or two about Peace on Earth.

dulciana

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »

And they might have seen it as their way of paying tribute to those who died.

Mbrown001

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »

I admired them so much.
They followed a mum and daughter on The One Show. What a brave and plucky little girl.

The important thing is ...they went...they enjoyed ...and they showed the world what the British people are made of.

STRONG STUFF

Mrs Brown.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:11:45 PM by Mbrown001 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16