Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 10 week on Kliovance and need ur advice x  (Read 19962 times)

warwick01

10 week on Kliovance and need ur advice x
« on: March 14, 2016, 10:26:31 AM »

Morning Ladies. Thought I would update you.

As many of you know 2015 war a year of hell due to various hormonal symptoms, cost me my job and I lost many friends because I became isolated (touch of agroghobia) My main symptoms for the last 18 months were severe vertigo and feeling agitated wired, not sleeping, just a feeling of being out of control. I had been using 3/4 pumps of estrogel daily with 7 day northisterone every 6 weeks.

At the beginning of January I was speaking to the practice nurse who advised me to try Kliovance. I am on my 10th week and here are some improvements:Sleep improved (only wake once about 4.00amvertigo improved. I did have bloating and 4 week of heavy bleeding, bowels a bit loose, bit of pmt (not too bad) to be honest its not been too bad.

However the last few days I have had dreadful morning anxiety, sweating shakiness and missed heart beats all day. I loosing my confidence again and feel really unwell. By the way some days I have added 1 pump of gel as Kliovance is a low preparation. My question is could it be the drop in estrogion of is this hrt not agreeing with me. I am 57 and just want my life back.

Wxxx

warwick01

Re: 10 week on Kliovance and need ur advice x
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »

Hi - just to add

I take my tablet between 9.00am - 10.00am and feel my worse when I get up around 7.30a. I have really bad nausea, shakes anxiety ect. I wonder if I need to try Kliofem which has more oestrogeon??? Looking forward to hearing your advice

Wx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »

Hi warwick01

Sorry to hear you are still not right. I am pretty sure when this regime was suggested to you I said I wouldn't take it because it means continuous norethisterone which can give rise to continuous side effects.

Also why don't you take your tablet at night - then it can start doing its stuff and your levels will have stabilised by the time you get up? Also not a good idea to keep chopping and changing with the dose - fair enough if you need more oestrogen - then just add the gel but would need to be long term - and the amount of prog in the Klio might not be enough to keep your lining thin?

The other thing is that I find norethisterone affects my blood sugar because I have a tendency to "reactive hypoglycaemia" sometimes - and when on the noreth (I now take this once a year) I can readily get the shakes/sweats and need to eat glucose/sugar quickly. It could be affecting you like this too?

I would not be taking this type of HRT with those symptoms - but I know you've tried others. Maybe if your body has now got used to less oestrogen you can go back to one of the other methods eg gel or patch and utrogestan?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hurdity x

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:07:05 AM »

Hurdity/Stellajane

Thank you for your advice, really helpful as always :)

I've tried so many HRT preparations including Utrogestron, unfortunately it didn't suit me. I like the idea of taking one tablet each day and hopefully no periods. Kliovance only has 0.5 Northisterone so hoping I can cope with this. Hurdity...... I may take your advice and take it at night to see what happens. Also the feeling I get is just like a drop in blood sugar, you describe it very well.

I am determined to find answers this year as my life is passing me by :(

W xx

Ciscola

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
A question perhaps you could answer or offer some advice on please.

I'm 59, post Meno 10 years.
After coming off a short trial of Prempac-C, I now have been using Kliovance for a couple of weeks.
I still have the brain fog, irritabilty & Insomnia.
The Prempac was great for the Insomnia, but not for the massive bleeding. The Kliovance is slightly better for the Insomnia, but it could be improved. I realise that it's a little early to know if this will improve & I will be giving it the 3 months to see how it pans out.

But I'm thinking way ahead & this is my question -
If I opt for a higher dose of HRT shortly to gain a better quality of sleep, will the eventual affects of coming off a higher dosage be worse than with the lower strength of Kliovance?
It may well be 5 or 6 years before I have to come off it (I assume). But it would be helpful to know so that I can make a decision when/if I need to.
Many thanks

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »

Hi Ciscola
I know you were asking Hurdity for help and this is good as she gives very sound advice - I would PM her to get a proper reply from her.
I thought I would give some input though.  Re sleep: I have to say that though HRT does give me better quality sleep I can't say it gives me more sleep generally and I doubt that a higher dose would improve this either.  I do think we need to accept that the quality and amount of sleep does go down as we age so it's something one should accommodate - I feel lucky if I get 4 full hours sleep before waking to go for a pee and if I get back to sleep within one hour I'm doing really well and this is if I'm using HRT -   If I'm not on HRT then my sleep quality is greatly reduced.
How anyone will feel when we come off HRT is going to different regardless of what HRT dosage we are using, however I still think it can be beneficial to gradually reduce dosage over time before completely coming off HRT - until you actually take a break from HRT you will never know.
If you are going to be on HRT in the longer term then a lower dose is best and it is usually advised to use transdermal HRT.
I'm sure Hurdity will give you more comprehensive support about all this but I hope my thoughts are helpful.  Dg x

Ciscola

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »

Hi Ciscola
I know you were asking Hurdity for help and this is good as she gives very sound advice - I would PM her to get a proper reply from her.
I thought I would give some input though.  Re sleep: I have to say that though HRT does give me better quality sleep I can't say it gives me more sleep generally and I doubt that a higher dose would improve this either.  I do think we need to accept that the quality and amount of sleep does go down as we age so it's something one should accommodate - I feel lucky if I get 4 full hours sleep before waking to go for a pee and if I get back to sleep within one hour I'm doing really well and this is if I'm using HRT -   If I'm not on HRT then my sleep quality is greatly reduced.
How anyone will feel when we come off HRT is going to different regardless of what HRT dosage we are using, however I still think it can be beneficial to gradually reduce dosage over time before completely coming off HRT - until you actually take a break from HRT you will never know.
If you are going to be on HRT in the longer term then a lower dose is best and it is usually advised to use transdermal HRT.
I'm sure Hurdity will give you more comprehensive support about all this but I hope my thoughts are helpful.  Dg x

Hi Dancingirl,
That was very helpful :)

I haven't slept for more than 2 hours a night for 10 years. It really took it's toll on me. It was the night sweats that were doing it. When I was taking Prempack I slept pretty much all the way through the night, no sweats. I was delicious. I can manage all the other symptoms, it's just the sleeping that's the problem. So I need to find the right dosage of HRT. I'll certainly bear in mind about coming off it gradually though, good suggestion.

Ta xx