Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: I guess it's nothing to go crazy about, but....  (Read 4715 times)

I guess it's nothing to go crazy about, but....
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »

My periods drive me crazy these days, and it's really such a minor thing.... I guess I don't like the unpredictabiliy. This time I had eggwhite mucus and a drop of blood on day 12, so I expected a short cycle. I'm still waiting for my period, and it's day 31 today. I've felt like  I would start my period any time for at least a week now. It's so on and off, though. Days with slight cramps, bachache, etc = typical PMS symptoms for me. Then, the next day, the symptoms are gone again just to return two days later... Is this a typical perimenopause problem? This on-and-off crap?!

Dancinggirl

Re: I guess it's nothing to go crazy about, but....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »

Very typical 20032003 - Peri meno is very frustrating - hormones all over the place.   DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »

Totally remember these types of feelings 20032003! In the end it is best to put your cycle out of your mind, so to speak, but always be prepared when out for a period to suddenly arrive. The more you dwell on it the worse it gets. It is difficult I know when things begin to change - you realise how much of your month has been dominated by the changing hormones and the regularity of it so not knowing where you are is difficult. You can no longer plan your month to undertake the more challenging things on a"good" day and give yourself an easier time on what you know will be bad days because you just don't know when it will be a good day or a bad day.  :-\

Taz x

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 03:35:13 PM »

Hrm... I guess it's the ultimate "go with the flow".... ;)

mandypepe

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 04:03:28 PM »

Found it! Yes you're sounding very similar to me

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 06:49:50 PM »

How's your diet?  How often do you eat, NAPS recommended that I eat every 3 hours 24/7, 52/12!!!! stops that awful drop in the gut = anxiety surges  ;)

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 01:07:53 PM »

And today I started my period. Slight heartburn (used to PMS only but not now) and swollen boobs (also PMS only back when I was "normal" ;) )....