Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gone beyond health anxiety....full blown terror  (Read 20690 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gone beyond health anxiety....full blown terror
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2016, 06:35:46 PM »

Rest?  Listen to your body?  Anxiety surges take a HUGE amount of energy from me, I am very tired if panic attacks floor me.  Use the Valium as necessary, I had it for years - I needed it before we visited family ……. I would take 5mg the night B4 and another in the morning if I felt edgy.  It made me 'hung over' but at least I got through the day  :-\

Feet up!  Cuppa to hand!  When I couldn't eat in the 1990s I would make a hot mug of Bovril or use an Oxo cube: I would sit and hold the mug for ages before daring to drink any  :'(, in case it made me feel worse: in fact my body was hungry - as I began to improve I would add a small amount of rice and frozen peas.  It took months B4 I could eat properly.  Even now I stick to safe foods …….. grilled chicken with rice is a good stand-by as are pancakes  ;)

:bighug:

Justjules

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 06:51:38 PM »

Yes, all good advice and just what therapist said. Have managed boiled rice and some fish tonight and an egg sandwich at lunch so at least had something other than bananas and complain smoothies. Trying to eek out the Valium as definitely don't think there will be anymore and to be honest, 2mg doesn't do much so took two this morning but I've only got 14 so trying to use as and when really bad. X

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 06:56:49 PM »

Well done on the eating!  That's absolutely fine …….. bananas are slow release, Complan can go onto the compost (by-passing me completely  ;D ) - little and often  ;)

You will get through this.  How long do you feel that the Valium lasts for you?  Because I knew it worked I knew how much to take when faced with an event.  The same with the emergency pill I have to hand these days. (long story short).

Justjules

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2016, 08:21:07 PM »

Not long really. My mum and dad used to have it many years ago and it was always 5mg or 10mg but now they only give 2mg and they only just take the edge off for a couple of hours, plus because I am not on them daily, they aren't affective enough I don't think. If I take the 14 tablets daily at twice a day they will be gone within 7 days  :(

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »

Your GP is being stuffy about Valium  >:( ……… I had 5mg to hand, have you talked through how much you need to take the edge off the anxiety?  Maybe ask about other types of anxiety relief?  I take one beginning with 'L' which is 'as necessary'.  You could have a chat with a Pharmacist ;-)

Justjules

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2016, 08:43:17 PM »

I will do if I really need to but all the gps at our practice seem to only give out the 2mgs. I suppose they don't want to cause even more problems with dependancy etc. I want to get off the Sertraline as soon as but know that it needs to be really slowly I think even after just 6 weeks. Dr said just take half a tablet and taper off over a week but I don't think so! I've taken 3/4 of a tab for the last two days. Will speak to pharmacist if needs be. Don't think Drs realise how bad side affects from these bloomin tablets are like!

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »

Because they can't 'feel' what we feel  ::).  They are aware of the possibility of side-effects but unless it happens, 1 cannot empathise.

Justjules

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2016, 09:14:04 PM »

True but considering Drs are stressed supposedly, I would imagine some of them self medicate with ADs.....

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2016, 09:22:58 PM »

….. often alcohol  :-\ ……….
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]