Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello xx  (Read 1554 times)

Nicci

Hello xx
« on: March 03, 2016, 11:41:18 PM »

Hello there,
I couldn't think of a great forum name so hello, I'm nicci. I'm 46 and in a bit of a quandary. Within the past two years I've convinced myself of alsorts of things. I have dementia, I'm losing my sanity, who is this woman living in my body, in my home and with my husband  :o (cheeky mare!!!)  I was ready to drag myself to my GP and ask for a personality transplant. Either that, valium, or anti depressants because something had to change, I was struggling to cope with...well,......me! 
One of my newly acquired mad skills is that I can growl  :o  I can answer my husband in a seething growl...so he says.  If he's using the car for work and I've got on a bus, I've ended up a county too far before realising where I am. (I got off the bus and cried)

I haven't had troublesome sweats for a little while but can remember standing in the freezer storage at work ( minus 28 degrees) before I spontaneously combust or out in my garden in the dead of a winters night almost naked, having peeled off wringing wet nighties and hair still wet  just to cool down. Beggar the neighbours I nearly melted. :(

About two years ago I went on a bit of a daft one and got so emotional I just quit my job. I did intend to go straight to my GP and give the poor soul the task of having an answer to my 'what the hell is wrong with me?' Question but didn't. I suspected or presumed I'd get a script for anti depressants and didn't bother, instead I've been trying a bit of a soul searching and alternative or holistic forms of self help, not as successfully as I might have hoped. Taking prescription drugs would have got me back on track much sooner but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel now.  I've arrived at a point where I figure I'm diabetic, menopausal, both or have just completely lost the plot. At least I've narrowed it down to just those four things. Me and my GP might be able to start and look for some sort of answer in the few minutes allowed us :)
So that's where I'm at. I look forward to finding my way around and getting used to the forum. Even if I'm not on my change...(although I can only think of a malaria fever that could produce the sort of sweats previously experienced) Iwill have gotten to know folk so when my time does come, you'll already be used to me hanging around. Xxx

Taz2

Re: Hello xx
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:47:04 PM »

Hi Nicci

You have come to the right place. Loads of information on here and also understanding and friendship.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Nicci
Sounds to me as though you have a good sense of humour - love that.
You are way too young to be oestrogen deficient so some HRT may well be what you need.  Do read up all the info on this site, write down all your issues(list your symptoms) and questions before you see your GP so you can really make the most from those "few minutes". Print stuff off from this site as well so if your GP is clueless you can ask for what you think you want and show them the info.  GPs are now supposed to offer HRT as front line treatment for menopause symptoms - particularly if you are under 55.  You can also read the new guidelines on Meno treatment on the NHS Choices website - I think it is on this site somewhere as well - so it may be worth printing that off as backup if they try to fob you off with ADs.  Many of us do get our quality of life back with HRT.  I would suggest trying Femoston 1/10 first as this has the kinder progesterone that suits many women better. Good luck and keep us posted.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:24:53 PM »

Hi Nicci

:welcomemm: from me too.

The main thing to determine whether you are likely to be peri-menopausal is what your periods are dong combined with other symptoms. If they haven't changed at all in length and are not variable/irregular then you are not yet peri-menopausal according to the medical definition - but the night sweats indicate you might be!

Lots of women experience much worse pms during the late stages of their reproductive life and just before the ovaries begin to go haywire.

Sounds like you are trying to deal with these changes at the moment without medication which is great - later - depending on what your periods and symptoms are doing - as Dancinggirl says - HRT can make you feel a whole lot better and is advised anyway up to the natural average age of menopause of 51/52, if menopause is reached before this age.

Hurdity x :)

Nicci

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 06:47:12 PM »

:thankyou:

Many thanks for your hellos and advice. Much appreciated.
I've experienced a few oddities but over the course of a couple of years rather than each month. On their own they mean little or nothing even if they have been out of the ordinary for me. My daughters might have two periods to my one but that isn't all of the time. It's occasionally. I haven't had a sweat for a while but can swing from suicidal to homicidal (I am exaggerating and making it humorous)....but you catch my drift. My teeth are crumbling away  :o  to mention just a few things...

Anyhoo, I'm going to take your advice and have a good look around the forum and note down anything I think might assist me and my GP when I do actually get around to making an appointment.

Thanks again xx