Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello 42 year old newbie here  (Read 1437 times)

lisa789

Hello 42 year old newbie here
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with severe PMS & possible peri menopause at the gynae out patients clinic.

In September I was given zoladex to stop my periods to see if that helped. As they failed to give me hrt alongside the zoladex it did not help as it put me into cold turkey menopause which was hell. I never went back for further implants.

I saw a doctor at out outpatients at the end of Feb and he's given me Evorel 50 patches & norerhisterone/utovlan. Patches are for everyday use and the progesterone are 5mg tablets take one tab twice a day on day 17 to day 28 of my cycle.

For years I have suffered with terrible anxiety and was diagnosed with panic disorder with agoraphobia. I always believed it was down to hormones but was told no. At one point I was housebound for 2 years. I still really struggle getting out but manage to go out for 2 15 minutes walks a day. If I have to go anywhere else I have to take sedatives to stop the panic attacks.

As soon as I started the Evorel patches I felt my anxiety improve. I've gone from multiple daily panic attacks and hyperventilating to manageable feelings of anxiety.

I'm on my 2nd day of progesterone tablets but feel like a zombie. I so tired and my head is foggy and all I want to do is sleep.

Does anyone else know if the combination of meds I've been given is right as I can't see anyone on that dosage of norerhisterone tablets and it's not on the treatment table section.

When I was 38 I started missing periods but aged 40 to now aged 42 they've become more regular but the pmt worse and ovulation. I honestly felt suicidal and was like a mad women. I firmly believe that it was hormone imbalance that caused my anxiety and all the other symptoms I had. Based on this am I on the right HRT? 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:41:41 PM by lisa789 »

Lizab

Re: Hello 42 year old newbie here
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 03:44:12 PM »

I can't answer regarding the hrt, but someone should be able to soon. I just wanted to say hi!

lisa789

Re: Hello 42 year old newbie here
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 04:15:50 PM »

I can't answer regarding the hrt, but someone should be able to soon. I just wanted to say hi!

Thank you  :) I hope someone answers!