Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hrt dosage  (Read 2898 times)

Anjia

Hrt dosage
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »

Can anybody tell me what the equivalent of a 1mg oestrogen tablet would be in a patch I think its 50mcg but I might be wrong.

Briony

Re: Hrt dosage
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »

Hard to say as we absorb it differently (we theoretically absorb more in a patch) and I have seen different points of reference say different things. My GP says it's what you say, but others on here I know disagree. I therefore think it's best to go with the description ie is it low, medium or high?        http://www.earlymenopause.com/hrt_equiv.htm

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 06:55:57 PM »

Its so confusing though Briony even my gp gets confused and looks through her book a bit worrying ?

Briony

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »

To calm myself down, I decided to start lowish and work up. I tried not to get too hung up on doses but just focused on what works for me. You only have to read through here to see how differently we all respond to the same treatment! x

Sunnydays

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:23:54 PM »

I agree it's about starting at a lower dose and increasing as needed. Based on the MM hrt preparations I've understood 1mg to be regarded as a low dose, which is on a par with a 25 mcg patch; with the 2mg tablet a medium dose like a 50mcg patch. If you're not absorbing the patch then it doesn't matter what the dose as you're not getting anything!