Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Private Menopause Clinic  (Read 1786 times)

Tinkerbell

Private Menopause Clinic
« on: October 16, 2015, 05:10:31 PM »

I am not happy with the suggested treatment that the consultant gynacologist I saw recently has suggested and my doctor looks like she won't agree to go with what I want.

If I go privately and they are happy to prescribe, I want to try full HRT, will my GP have to prescribe what is suggested or am I stuck with what consultant has suggested .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Private Menopause Clinic
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »

You may find that you see the same Consultant  ::).  You really shouldn't need to go private.  Whether your GP would take any more notice, aren't you being referred anyway  :-\.  I would wait to see what is suggested …….. remembering that what ever is suggested might not necessarily be a 'cure'.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »

GP is happy to refer me to another gynae, but I am
Worried that as it is the same hospital, she will not go against his suggested treatment plan.
I am going to ask to see dermatology department for them to see if I have the lichen sclerosis.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »

Your GP is sending you for an appt. with a Consultant who knows more about issues than she does!  So if he suggest something, he will write to her.  You then go along and discuss  :-\.  If you see a private Consultant, he/she may be the same as in the NHS, it may well be in the same Hospital!

You could ring the Surgery and ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist unless she knows that this particular Consultant has knowledge.  You can look up the Consultant at the Hospital, most have web-sites these days with Staff details.

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 09:04:46 PM »

You could also email Dr Currie....see home page....and explain your issues then print out her advice and take that to your GP. It has worked for many women on the forum.

Honeybun
X