Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Heartburn  (Read 38913 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heartburn
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »

If you think that the meds can cause an interruption in your medication then stop taking it.  Your mental health is important, you will worry enough until you've had the scan.

:bighug:

Dyan

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2015, 06:49:53 PM »

:thankyou:
 I'm not taking anymore.
Don't like the way I'm feeling :D :'( :-\

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2015, 06:53:25 PM »

Give it over-night and you'll feel a bit better.  These meds are short-term tha' knows so get out of the system. 

Dyan

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2015, 06:56:17 PM »

That's what worries me if I keep on taking them.
How long will it take to get back? :-\
Can't take that risk.

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2015, 07:01:56 PM »

I wouldn't think very long - have you taken them daily?  If worried mid-morning, give a Pharmacist a ring  ;).  I expect thought that by t-time 2-morrow you should feel less edgy.

honeybun

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2015, 07:03:09 PM »

Better safe than sorry Dyan. If you think things are wrong then go with your instinct. Use Gaviscon in the meantime. You can use more if you are not taking anything else.

Silly maybe but try ginger tea. It's soothing and helpful and I've only been using it for a couple of days.

Not long till your appointement.

Take care and let us know.

Honeybun
X

Smokey

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2015, 07:27:10 PM »

I've not noticed my Omeprozale affecting my Ads however I take Omeprozale in the morning and the ads at night.

Actually I'm not sure if the Omeprozale and the one your taking wears off after so many hours or is long acting slow released.

Does anyone know know?

Dyan

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2015, 09:21:36 PM »

Thanks all :)

Smokey- I take fluoxetine in the morning about an hour after the lansoprazole and Mirtazapine at night.

Dyan

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2015, 12:56:21 PM »

11.30am appointment on Friday 11th sept with private consultant.
3rd day without heartburn but had a funny pain,after eating a scone out today with DD,but it soon past.

Dyan

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2015, 11:37:10 AM »

I've just gone and done a stupid thing and googled symptoms of stomach cancer :-\
I know I shouldn't have done it but.......... :-\
Now my anxiety is through the roof.
I am on my own at the moment and got myself so worked up that I thought I was going to be sick.
I'm wondering if this is my depression seeping through because of taking the lansoprazole but I've been off it now,3rd day,so I should be feeling better each day.
I just needed to get this off my chest  as I feel so panicky.

I remember being like this when I had symptoms down below and almost convinced myself I had cervical cancer.
The scan showed nothing and I was so relieved.

I keep thinking that I've started something because,and I've never told anyone before,but I binge eat at least once a week in secret.
When I say binge eat I go crazy and stuff myself to the point that my stomach is soooooo full and uncomfortable.
I actually buy chocolate, cakes etc and hide them to have a binge. Afterwards I feel so guilty and hate myself.
This isn't something new. I did this when I lived with my mother and I think it might be a comfort thing in times of stress.
I'm worried, because of my binging I've done something to my stomach.

Oh heck! I'm in such a state :-*

Any reassurance would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you ladies :)

Dyan

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2015, 11:49:41 AM »

Thanks sparkle.
My DD just phoned to say that her boss has asked her to work longer than 1pm and she had no lunch with her, so I've got to just pop out and give her a pack up.
When I get back I'll take a look.
 :thankyou:
Means a lot :)

honeybun

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2015, 11:51:45 AM »

Oh you are not alone.

I still have indigestion, and have had it off and on for days now. Was out this morning with hubby and on a 30 minute car journey I went from feeling ok to I must have something seriously wrong such as cancer. Totally daft.....but not in my mind.
I do have a bad tummy but I've had bloods done recently and all was fine, I'm not loosing weight and apart from that I feel well enough.

The moment I start to stress it all gets a lot worse.

I'm not going to tell you to stop stressing because I know it's almost impossible but you are getting your tests done soon so that should put your mind at rest.

Honeyb
x

Dyan

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2015, 01:02:53 PM »

:thankyou: HB

What are we like? ::)

Dyan

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »

;D No worries sparkle

Prajna- I've been on fluoxetine for 11 years but interesting none the less.
I'll have to check if that's one of the side effects.

Dyan

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2015, 02:47:02 PM »

Just got home from my appointment at hospital with a consultant gastrologist.
Firstly he told me that lansoprazole does not interfere with ADs and even showed me the report in the book as he could see I was worried.
So the question is,why did I not feel right mentally.
I told him perhaps it was me getting worked up about my stomach and worrying about what it could be.
He said that he is not concerned, going on my symptoms, that it's anything to worry about and,after examining me he has put me on a course of omeprazole and I'm to have a camera down on October 1st.
He was lovely and reassured me, as I think he could see that I wasn't feeling right mentally.
If I have a problem with the omeprazole,at all,I am to ring him and he will talk to me.

He said that they use 2 drugs for stomach problems, lansoprazole & Omeprazole and neither of them can upset ADs.
He said to me, and he looked me straight in the eye," I wouldn't lie to you "
I told him I believed him and felt reassured and comfortable with him.

Talking to DH afterwards, he said that the mind is a funny thing and I for one should know that ::)
I know he's right. I already feel like a weight has been lifted :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8