Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: My Pill Diary.  (Read 57473 times)

Briony

Re: My Pill Diary.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »

If you were already not 100 % when you took pill one, I don't think you can (yet) say it is down to the pill. When I had a banging headache and nausea last weekend, during pill free days, it took two days at least for the new pack of pills to kick in. (And that's after six months of a higher estrogen dose). I reckon it's your own hormones still bubbling in the background? The longer you take the pill, the more they'll be controlled xxxx

Briony

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 05:45:14 PM »

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,28810.0.html

This thread may be of interest to you guys. Seems to confirm the view that those of us in our early 40s need more estrogen than those at the more expected meno age. I wonder what gel dose equates to 3mg estrogen (ie standard pill strength). I know a lot of ladies get on well with it.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 09:10:42 PM »

Think it must have been some jiggery pokery from my own hormones, perhaps one final, Herculean effort to mess with my mind before the BCP blatted them into submission.

Day 4:

Stayed up late last night as was dreading going to bed because I was still feeling so horribly low and depressed. But as I got ready for bed I felt the depression shift and start to lift and by the time I had read a chapter of my book I felt much, much calmer and so much happier. This is the way my mood swings always happen. Slept well and woke feeling drained but upbeat and peaceful. Have felt very good all day, and I am very, very grateful. Not sure whether the Pill is subduing my own hormones already? But just very happy to be enjoying the respite.

LW44

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:53 PM »

great news - it's a good feeling :-) my swings are exactly the same throughout the day - crazy.. X

Briony

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:08 AM »

GRL -  :hug: :great: :sunny:

Long may it continue x

robotwars

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 05:20:48 PM »

Hi! Gypsy rose lee I have been reading this thread with interest as im considering trying this route, just wondered which pill you are trying, I wondered what it was called as I know Briony (I think) tried qlaria..... may have spelt that wrong! LOL

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »

Hi Robotwars. I have just started taking Rigevidon, which is identical to Microgynon and Ovranette apparently.

Day 5:

Slept well last night, despite waking to wee, and had no problem going back to sleep. Felt slightly drained all day, but mood still quite light hearted and upbeat. Feel able to appreciate things again, and get satisfaction from everyday stuff like my husband making me a nice cup of tea or knowing I have finished a huge ironing pile. We're going away tomorrow for a couple of days in a hotel and I feel excited about it. I know it doesn't seem like much but when you have just gone through a week of feeling very depressed and unable to take any pleasure or satisfaction in ANYTHING to just feel 'normal' again is wonderful  :)

As it's only Day 5 I don't know if my improved mood is thanks to the much higher dose of oestrogen that's in the Pill, or whether my own hormones are still mainly in charge and doing something of their own? I don't know how long it takes the Pill to shut down your ovaries and halt your own hormone production? But, whatever the reason I am just very, very relieved to feel much better these last couple of days.

Chi chi

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »

Can I ask what's the difference in taking the bcp and bio identical hrt? Isn't the latter supposed to be better for us? I used to take ovranette years ago before my breakdown and anxiety but was told I had to come off it due to my age and because I smoke, I remember feeling good with no anxiety or pms etc. I tried the mirena and just seemed to bleed constantly so had it removed and then went onto the mini pill. I don't know if any of this had anything to do with my breakdown??
I'm now on oestrogel 3 pumps and testim but not really seeing an improvement  :-\

Briony

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:02 PM »

Bio identical HRT is probably the safer option, but those of us in peri who have strong fluctuations have found the HRT tops us up, but doesn't control things. The pill on the other hand suppresses ovulation and is therefore more controlling. Theoretically this means fewer fluctuations.
Qlaira is a bio identical low dose BCP. It is four phase unlike most pills and is particularly good for people with heavy periods, especially those in peri. There are a number of pills available, so you can hopefully find one that suits your own body's preferences. Hope that helps x

Poppyflower

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 11:01:32 PM »

When using BCP for contraception they say as long as started with day one of period you would be safe from pregnancy. So I suppose that means not very long, however I am not sure how long it would take your body to adjust to consistent level of hormone, but they recommend the same for HRT and to try each one for three months before trying a new one.

Chi chi

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »

Isn't the hrt supposed to suppress ovulation though? Do you mean in some ladies it doesn't so the bcp is better?
Sorry for the questions but I'm still trying to get my head around how this all works, I was told that my oestrogel would stop my periods but for the last few months it hasn't and I'm already on 3 pumps?
Just trying to see if the bcp would or might be a better option and would help with the low moods and anxiety?  :-\
I still smoke though so is it a definite no no?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:46:07 AM by Estelle »

Briony

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 09:28:16 AM »

Isn't the hrt supposed to suppress ovulation though? Do you mean in some ladies it doesn't so the bcp is better?
Sorry for the questions but I'm still trying to get my head around how this all works, I was told that my oestrogel would stop my periods but for the last few months it hasn't and I'm already on 3 pumps?
Just trying to see if the bcp would or might be a better option and would help with the low moods and anxiety?  :-\
I still smoke though so is it a definite no no?

I know Professor Studd says you'd need 200mcg patches twice weekly to suppress ovulation, so no, the normal HRT doses dont automatically suppress it. You also still need contraception when on HRT but dont need it on the pill. I think smoking would mean you couldn't have the combined pill (the one with estrogen in) especially if you are over 35? I'm no expert on this, so stand to be corrected. x

Chi chi

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »

Thanks Briony, so the bio identical bcp can't be taken if your over 35 and smoke? How is this different to the bio identical gels etc? Sorry more questions   :oops:
So if I'm on 3 pumps of oestrogel how does that compare to 200mcg paches?

LW44

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 10:42:11 AM »

hi what is BCP? x

Chi chi

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 10:44:35 AM »

Birth control pill . ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17