Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: My Pill Diary.  (Read 57757 times)

Briony

Re: My Pill Diary.
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »

Out of interest, what pill did you take previously? How does it compare on the ladder to what you take now? X

Chi chi

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2015, 09:34:39 PM »

Sorry again  :-\ I'm just confused  ??? So the bio identical pill isn't safe to take if you smoke but the bio identical gel is?? What's the difference?

LW44

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »

sure they will.. maybe its because flat yesterday that you were jittery this morning..in anticipation of how yiu weee going to feel.. i was the same this morning x

Briony

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 09:46:33 PM »

Sorry again  :-\ I'm just confused  ??? So the bio identical pill isn't safe to take if you smoke but the bio identical gel is?? What's the difference?

There's risks with all routes. I don't know re the gel and smoking, but in general, pills are higher doses than HRT hence greater risk. For example, Qlaira is 2-3mg, most pills are at least 3mg or higher, whereas HRT tends to be 1 or 2 mg. Qlaira   is kind of unique as it's b/i and a lower dose than most BCPs. You'd need to speak to a doctor I guess. In theory, I should not have the pill as I get migraines with aura but the doc said I could have Qlaura providing I was aware of the risk xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »

I was on several different brands over the years, and I'm pretty sure I even took Microgynon which is identical to Rigevidon.

Don't remember feeling too flat or depressed except when I had PMS each month.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »

I hope so LW. I long for the day when I'm not aware that I'm 'not well' and don't wake up every morning checking 'how I feel today'.

Briony

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2015, 09:19:34 AM »

How are you feeling today? I guess when you took the pill previously your own hormones were different so it's hard to compare?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:25 AM »

Definitely feeling a bit brighter today, thanks, which is a relief  :)

LW44

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2015, 03:00:36 PM »

Knew you would grl :-)  you sound just like me.  .. i say all the time " cant wait for the day i dont think about how im feeling"  it will come for both of us..has done before :-) aybe we are just too self aware - if that makes sense??   also my consultant talked about a complete hystorectomy as suffered with pnd/pms.. not sure how i feel about that...has this ever been mentioned to you ? x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2015, 08:31:44 PM »

Hi LW, no they have never offered me any surgery. It's treated as something of the very last resort.

LW44

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2015, 08:39:44 PM »

thats what i was thinking...very very last resort...

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2015, 08:41:08 PM »

Day 11:

Woke up feeling much more light hearted, and without the dragging weariness of the last couple of mornings, thank goodness. Felt quite upbeat and productive all day. Got lots done at work and really enjoyed myself. What a difference from the last couple of days.

Physically though I am getting a lot of aching in my right arm and it feels quite weak. Not sure what that is all about. And I have had some very, very light brown spotting and some mild period cramps.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »

Day 12:

Slept well and woke without any jitters. Still feeling light hearted and with that lovely 'normal' feeling of well-being which I took totally for granted, until this peri menopause craziness stripped it from me.

Continued to feel good all day. Still getting very slight, brown spotting. But no headaches for a couple of days now.

LW44

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2015, 09:19:56 AM »

great news :-) looking forward to the "well being" feeling and i will savour it !

Chi chi

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2015, 11:18:42 AM »

Gypsyroselee your story sounds so much like my own, I can identify with all you say in your posts! Remind me what pill this is I might look into trying it myself?  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17