Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Lost my marbles and become unhinged  (Read 22130 times)

babyjane

Re: Lost my marbles and become unhinged
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2015, 01:22:44 PM »

so you present a front of optimism and cheerfulness even if you do not feel it?  So in doing so do you actually begin to feel it because, if so, I might try your way as I have spent a lifetime with my glass three quarters empty and it has done me no good at all  :)

Unhinged

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »

Hi SadLynda, welcome to the Frozen Face Club!

And CLKD, nah, I reckon they probably thought you were just dancing - remember The Stomp (nearly like stamping your feet!).

Hi LellyM, yeah 'horror' is bang on. There must be something in what you say, I wonder if forced cheerfulness can change your mindset, I mean actually make your own mind believe that everything is hunky-dory? I'm going to try it!

I'm back from my shopping experiment! Well it wasn't that busy so shorter on subjects than I'd hoped, but, I did look at people, and a few of them were looking straight ahead and walking around a bit 'stiff'-like and on a mission, interesting that all the people who I thought could possibly be anxious were all women on their own, the men all seemed to be the sauntering around whistling types.

One good thing came of it though, I was so set on looking to see how many other terrified people there were, that apart from just one jelly-like moment I completely forgot about how I might be feeling myself!

babyjane

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »

Hi LellyM, yeah 'horror' is bang on. There must be something in what you say, I wonder if forced cheerfulness can change your mindset, I mean actually make your own mind believe that everything is hunky-dory? I'm going to try it!

sort of like resetting your mind's default setting.  I'm going to try it too.  Let's compare notes in say, a week?

Unhinged

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »

Good idea Babyjane, yes this time next week let's update! I'm going to think about instances I can try it - apart from overall I mean, I have already told a strong flush to b****r off and laughed at it, so that's a start. I might have to get stronger with anxiety if I feel that creeping up, laugh at it, and maybe even swear out loud at it! x 

Unhinged

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »

To HONEYBUN:

Hi Honeybun, I don't know if you're about but I wanted to let you know that I've taken your advice! On my way to the shops I went to see doc, I told him the Femoston Conti are making me feel very tired (and now gut's ache with 'strange occurrences' - won't elaborate in case anyone is still having lunch!). I told how the Femseven patch seemed to agree with me but had sticking problems and told him that several ladies on here say Evorel stick better, so I now have Evorel Conti patch to try - at least I will have, pharmacy ordered them ready for tomorrow pick-up. So thanks for the tip, I'll see how they go! x

honeybun

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »

:thankyou:

Let us know how you get on with them. I think you will find getting them off more of a problem  ::)

Honeyb
X

babyjane

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »

Unhinged I am going to make a thread as the posts will get lost in here as the pages turn over  :)

Unhinged

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »

I will Honeyb - and I'd really like that problem! Imagine something working so well you have trouble coming off - a dream come true!

I took my Femoston tab last night so think it might be best if I skip tonight's and start on the patch when I get them tomorrow afternoon, not sure if that's the right way as it leaves me hrt-free for nearly a day.

One thing doc did say, was that because the Evorel only come in one strength that I could consider starting with half a patch to ease myself in. It sort of makes sense because my Femoston is ultra low dose, but I don't want to leave myself under-dosed either. Does anyone have any opinions on that? x

babyjane

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2015, 02:44:51 PM »

think our posts crossed unhinged.  Made a thread in the All Things Menopause bit about trying to be optimistic.  Let's try it for a week, can't make things any worse can it  :)

Unhinged

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 02:45:28 PM »

Ok babyjane, excellent idea for a new thread, will look for it, or let me know what it's called! x

babyjane

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »

it is called 'accentuating the positive' (like the song)  :)

Unhinged

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »

Found it and posted! Calling the other anxious ladies from the last few pages - are you joining in? Please do, this could help us all I think, it's certainly worth a try! x

babyjane

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2015, 03:31:49 PM »

LellyM started it with her comment  :)

So these days I try to have what I call "Default state cheerful". I try to spend my whole life being optimistic and cheerful (annoys the hell out of people). Hubby is trying the same. We have both found it hard to do but effective.

L
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]