Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello Newbie Here  (Read 2374 times)

JaneyW

Hello Newbie Here
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:03 PM »

Hi all
I'm 49 & think I'm Peri menopausal? My periods are real heavy to the point of using tampons and towels and changing both every hr. lasting around 8 days and come around every 3 weeks. Feel dizzy in mornings, exhausted doing smallest task, "cotton wool brain", tummy cramps after period, no sex drive what so ever, new symptom is, painful breasts almost like when I was expecting! No night sweats but have sudden hot flushes and feel like I'm on fire!
No one ever warned me about all this! Horrid, I feel like some freak  xx

Annie0710

Re: Hello Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 08:23:09 PM »

Hi and welcome

Like you I had no idea of menopause, thought periods stopped and you get hot flushes and moody

Well I had a hysterectomy 16 yrs ago so no periods, never had a hot flush and don't get moody but my god I seem to get 100s of other symptoms !

Annie xx

Unhinged

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:24:21 PM »

Hi JaneyW, welcome! I'm quite new too and this is a great place I can tell you, some fab people on here! You are NOT a freak! My periods stopped at 50 (am 54 now), and it certainly sounds to me like you're heading for menopause, I remember all those symptoms and more besides when I was peri! Hang on to your hat and use this forum, I've learned so much, I was reading all the posts for months before I joined, and if you're worried about anything in particular, just keep posting your symptoms and questions, there's some real experienced ladies on here nd they are so helpful!

Unhinged (Shirley) x

SadLynda

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:59:17 AM »

Hi Janey, I am 49 too.  Also suspect I am in 'peri' just waiting for my appointment.

Nobody warned me either, my poor Mother had no idea what she was going through at the time and no help.  We are very lucky to have the internet now and great forum to help us along.

Shame we dont have t-shirts printed, though I did see a rather amusing one on Amazon with the 7 dwarfs of Meno, that was a good un.

LellyM

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »

Hi Janey,

Welcome. I joined here yesterday and already I have learned so much (I am also at the younger end - 48 and didn't have a clue what to expect or what was due to meno and what was just be getting old!).

Fun times (not!).

L

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:41:39 PM »

Hi janey, welcome to the party  :party09:

I'm a old fogey and can't really remember being under 50 but hey, age is just a number they say.  Hope you enjoy the forum  :welcomemm: