Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Inverted nipple sort of  (Read 74359 times)

Limpy

Re: Inverted nipple sort of
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »

So sorry to hear your news Blossom.
Repeating what the others have said, at least it has been caught early.
It's good that somebody will contact you on Thursday, will you have somebody with you?

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

babypink2807

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2015, 08:50:51 PM »

They offered the call as it was too much for me today.  I wasn't in a position today to discuss further. I honestly didn't know what questions to ask. So think it's right at the moment

Taz2

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 07:48:36 AM »

Ah right. Sorry it must be a different system to here where you are given the initial news at the clinic and then you come back to breast care a couple of days later where your treatment options will be outlined and you are given as much time as you need to ask questions so that you can make a decision. It is a lot to take in at one time. Do you know which type of breast cancer you have?

Taz x

babypink2807

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 06:26:07 PM »

I spoke to the Macmillan nurse today who was lovely and we had a good chat.  My call is tomorrow about plans. Once I have the MRI scan then things can start to take shape

Linsey44

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 07:08:12 PM »

Hi Blossom

Sorry to hear your diagnosis, such a shock for you.

Once you are aware of all of your options you can focus on your treatment and recovery.  Keep us posted, im sure you will get great support on here.

Its probably best to stay away from google until you understand more about the type of cancer and options available to you.

Take care

Linseyx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »

Been there, done that  ::)

Making a list of questions is important.  Making a note of the answers is important.  Make sure that you know to whom you are speaking too.

Ask if they have sent a Report to your GP yet so that you can have a chat there too.  I had a needle biopsy, bone scan, 2 operations, radiation treatment ……… my biggest worry was whether the panic attacks would stop me going to the daily radiation treatment  ::)

Let us know how you get on!

babypink2807

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 08:50:43 AM »

CLKD thanks for that

I am extremely tired and think its the stress of it all, I am in work this morning, felt a wave of panic when I got here.  I am so tired.  Leaving at lunchtime to go home, and take the call in private from the Hospital

Its difficult as I will come off the HRT, so all the menopause symptoms will return, Crohns also causes fatigue as does stress too, its a bit of a mess at the moment

westie

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »

Hi Bloosom

Just caught up with your post and sorry to hear your
 news. Hope the call with the hospital goes ok and you have all the information you need. Nowhere is power.

Sending big hugs

Westie x

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 06:19:23 PM »

Don't stop any HRT until you have seen a Consultant again as this may not be affected by hormones .  By which time you will be told a plan of treatment. 

:bighug:

westie

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »

.....sorry I meant to say 'knowledge is power'!

W xx

babypink2807

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »

I have an MRI scan for next Wednesday.  The Macmillan nurse called me late yesterday and we had a really good talk, she told me the type of cancer I have.

I'm not googling anything, but do intend to go to a local breast cancer group recommended by the hospital. 

My head is mashed at the moment, I went for my bike lesson today and stopped half way through as I wasn't in the right place with my head

Initial thought with the hospital are MRI scan, then Ultra Scan, Surgery, Radiotherapy then meds

Taz2

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »

It will all seem a whirl at the moment Blossom but you will find that everything sort of slots into place. No chemo by the sounds of it which is good. My best friend has just finished her treatment for breast cancer. She had mastectomy with reconstruction at the same time, six sessions of chemo (one every three weeks) followed by fifteen sessions of radiotherapy (over three weeks) and she coped really well. It's important to do exactly as is suggested to you by the breast team. She found her lump in early January and was operated on three weeks later. She stopped work and is still on sick leave which has enabled her to concentrate on herself making sure that she is eating a good diet, exercising as advised etc. We were only saying today that if she had known what was to come this time last year there was no way she would have thought herself capable of dealing with it but it's amazing how strong you can be.

I'm surprised you haven't had your ultrasound already - didn't they do that before the biopsy? I guess each hospital is different. Do you know if your cancer is hormone receptive?

Taz x  :bighug:

babypink2807

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »

They did, ultra sound and mammogram same day and the biopsy, it was the biopsy that confirmed everything

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2015, 09:53:12 PM »

You're head will be racing for a while until you get into the hospital routine of visits, advice, appts. and treatment.  It will slot into place then.  The focus will be on visits, advice, appts.; the important thing is to make a list of all your worries however small and ask, ask, ask …….. and if you don't understand, ask again. It is up to the medical staff to make sure that you understand and accept each step of what ever treatment you will required.

I had lumpectomy - twice with 5 days apart  ::) - followed by a rest whilst the wound healed followed by radiation treatment.  Let us know how you get on! I didn't have Macmillan offered to me but was advised that there were ladies who I could talk with but I didn't want to know …….. got on with the treatment etc. - I never felt as if I was being rushed into anything but the Surgeon was brief, supportive and to the point.

LindyLouLou

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2015, 12:25:00 PM »

Hi Blossom, I can totally understand what you are going through right now. I haven't been on here since end of Jan/beg of Feb, I think it was, when I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Symptoms the same as you - no lump as such just the nipple retracting.  I got the confirmation of cancer the day before we were flying to Singapore.  We decided to go ahead with the trip to tell our daughter face to face.  It was a truly gruelling trip, I was absolutely devastated.  I have always had health anxiety which manifested itself as a fear of heart attack/stroke etc which got worse during the menopause.  Then something came along to really give me something to worry about! 
Once you know your treatment plan and get started you will feel more able to cope.  I had to have chemo first, then mastectomy and will be starting radiotherapy shortly.  It is something that you can deal with - if I can anyone can! Feel free to ask me anything.
Best wishes
Linda
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16