Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Swollen breasts, bad sleep - and the reverse - what do you think please  (Read 8114 times)

oldsheep

yes, now got huge tummy and had some discharge this afternoon. Back to panty pads  ::) Hope it's a one off! Luckily wasn't too embarrassing.

oldsheep

cut my patch down (DIY job as was fed up) and almost immediately started feeling better and boobs a bit smaller  - sleep is key to my health with M.E/fibro.
However today I noticed I'm bleeding a little bit. Uh oh. I wonder if the progesterone is still not really being absorbed, or it's the hormonal change from lowering the dose? I am seeing someone at the meno clinic in a week's time (doubt the consultant mind you)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

It's such Trial and Error ain't it  >:( …… let us know how you get on!

Your body seems to be trying to have a bleed ………. pity it doesn't get on with it alone and leave you to go out and about enjoying yourself  ::)

GypsyRoseLee

Bloody hormones.

I can sympathise. Increased my HRT patch from 25mg to 50mg 4 weeks ago. Now on day 20 of my cycle and on day 6 of Utro. My boobs are so swollen and painful. I rolled onto my tummy in bed last night and the sudden pain in my boobs woke me up!

I have read that wearing a soft 'sleep bra' can help with breast tenderness, and that taking Ibuprofen for the pain works. You could try that Old sheep.

oldsheep

thanks x

I hit the aspirin when it's too bad. Works a treat on fibro/M.E pain when nothing else does. I've gone back to evening primrose oil too. The bleeding (touch all fake IKEA wood) is light and intermittent.
Off for a swim. Might wear a tampon. I had to go out and buy some of the small ones. Thought that was in the past  ::)

oldsheep

just back from the meno clinic. Saw the consultant for a few minutes - he was really nice to me today. Said it sounded like I'd had some ovulatory experience and oestrogen bounced a bit higher than they'd expect. I have to have a scan at the end of June, then see him in November (usual story: ring and plead if things go wrong before then).
He didn't quite like my scissors job on the patch, so said try Evorel 50s and if I get insomnia and hot flushes, go back to the scissors job.

So it's the GP at 7.30am tomorrow to join the 'emergency appointments' list for tomorrow as all my Evorel 50 patches left over from 2013 expired in May.  I just hope it sorts the problem out.

edit: saturday. 2 days after changing the patch dose down to 50, I'm having a (small - hope stays that way) bleed with some dull period type aches. Joy  ::)  OH back v tired after his work week away and wanting to do lots of things......
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:44:55 AM by oldsheep »

oldsheep

touch wood and all fake IKEA versions - things going a bit better on the 50 patch. Much less Dolly Parton and have been sleeping. (as I say, touch wood).
Had a scan today at the hospital as I have had 2 minor episodes of bleeding since going down in dose. Womb lining was only 1mm so they were pleased; couldn't find either ovary (just saw bowel everywhere  ::)) which the lovely young doctor said was quite normal in an old sheep and if there was anything to worry about, the ovary would have grown in size and be seen.
They say that gives me an 'all clear' for 6 months, during which they'd not scan again if I bled.
Any slight bleeding at all after 6 months, I don't have to go through the clinic or GP but can self refer.
Fantastic NHS facility and I'm duly grateful.

Fingers and toes crossed that things stay more stable.  I'd no idea you could have too HIGH a dose of oestrogen which made you ill! I'd been on the 75 patches without incident for nearly 18 months. The 50 hadn't been enough then. Bizarre that I got older and needed less??!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

So pleased that at last you have answers and at last, you are feeling better.  Now: don't do too much too soon or you will burn off those lovely 'better' feelings ....  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]