Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice?  (Read 2368 times)

ammie25

Advice?
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:23:58 AM »

Can anyone help or give me some advice? I started taking Femoston 2/10 just over a week ago due to early menopause (I'm 44..fsh 45) but to be honest I feel worse (apart from no hot sweats) for the past 3days I have had terrible pmt..shakes awful anxiety terrible headaches and joint pain...and just feeling very low.  The consultant told me hrt would make me feel so much better but do I have to go through a low before my body adjusts?...I was in a really bad way before I started hrt and was hoping I would start feeling better but at the minute I just want to sleep.  Many thanks x

jayneaddo

Re: Advice?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:39:54 AM »

Hi

I completely sympathise. I have just changed from Femosten which was great for me no side effects whatsoever to Estradot and utrogestan and feel really awful and three weeks in so far. Most advice is to persevere up to the three month mark. not sure I can feel like this that long.

Im sure some one will come along on the same as you

Hope you feel better soon

Jayne

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »

Ammie25 - welcome to MM
I'm afraid you have to be patient - it can take around 3 months for HRt to work it's magic.  You've been given a good HRT as the progesterone is kinder in Femoston, however it might have been better to start on the lower dose first as the big hit of hormones may be throwing you off balance.
Just give things time.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »

:welcomemm:  also your own hormones will be having a party along with the HRT which can cause the symptoms you are feeling.  Not pleasant ……….

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »

:welcomemm:  from me too.

Taz x