Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How long to settle after change from Femosten to Estradot and Utrogestan  (Read 4374 times)

jayneaddo

Hi All

Advice please. I have used Femosten Conti for 8 years and two years ago added Estradot 25mcg with no extra progestogen. Had lots of bleeding and last week was changed to Estradot 50mcg and Utrogestan 100mg every day. Additionally I had only been using half my 25mcg patch as I had put weight on and i think it was a bit too much oestrogen.

Anyhow started on Thursday night so early days. Friday had awful headache and over the weekend i was very tetchy and moody not like me at all these days. Not sleeping through the night anymore either which wasn't a problem. I am willing to stick with it but wondered how long for symptoms to settle down. I am using the Utrogestan vaginally and I also use vagifem for vaginal atrophy. Not sure I will stick with Utrogestan vaginally as I have interstitial cystitis and it may irritate my bladder but I wanted my body to get used to it first before I took it by mouth if I ever do as some of you seem to have bad side effects.

Best Wishes
Jayne