Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Adrenaline Rush  (Read 4121 times)

toffeecushion

Adrenaline Rush
« on: May 26, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »

Feel like I am having an adrenaline rush.  My pulse is in the 80s and I feel like I'm buzzing. Been going on all morning.   Anyone else had this?

Night_Owl

Re: Adrenaline Rush
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »

Hi TC - Yes, for many years since meno, experienced the ghastly adrenaline rushes, with and without accompanying flushes - at night too - and I'm on low dose HRT.  I try hard to control it with deep breathing exercises, thought diversion, rescue remedy, brisk walking helps the most, magnesium - I throw everything at it.  For reasons I've not been able to fathom, sometimes worse than others, very jittery too. 

What do you do to try and calm the horrid feeling?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »

Walk.  Or sit until it goes away.

When if first happened to me I was really scared.  Always feels like hot water coursing through my veins  :-\

Briony

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »

Do you get a weird wooshiness in your tummy too? Really hard to describe but hopefully you'll get what I am on about. Presume this is adrenaline?

Salad

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 12:09:46 AM »

Yes - I had this back in January, really unpleasant as it was accompanied by high heart rate 110-115.  I also had dizziness.

I increased my HRT dose and thankfully on the whole it has settled.

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 05:52:52 AM »

That's interesting salad, I've Ben in a higher state of anxiety the last couple of weeks, all though I have a lot going on at the moment I was wondering if a higher dose may also help as I experience what everyone is discussing.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

LeeJane

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 07:00:58 PM »

I have had this happen too.  Is distressing and uncomfortable.

I have never been bothered by injections but during recent visits for dental work in hospital, I have blacked out each time I had an injection for local anaesthetic.  My body released big flood of adrenaline and I immediately pass out.  The dental surgeon confirmed is likely to be my peri-meno causing this reaction.  Each time, I came round, it passed and the work was able to go ahead. 

I normally am a blood donor but thought it sensible to arrange to be taken off their books for three years. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »

I have found that my Dentist is more meno-aware than many GPs seem to be from the reports on here  ::)

Briony

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »

I have had this happen too.  Is distressing and uncomfortable.

I have never been bothered by injections but during recent visits for dental work in hospital, I have blacked out each time I had an injection for local anaesthetic.  My body released big flood of adrenaline and I immediately pass out.  The dental surgeon confirmed is likely to be my peri-meno causing this reaction.  Each time, I came round, it passed and the work was able to go ahead. 

I normally am a blood donor but thought it sensible to arrange to be taken off their books for three years.

How interesting. I had a similar dentist's injection experience, but never made the connection!