Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Emitophobia  (Read 56266 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Emitophobia
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2017, 04:20:04 PM »

I don't often come across people on TV throwing up ......... even when there's a bad cycling accident, i.e. Tour de France.  I don't watch adverts to have the reality shoved into my face!  As a medical secretary I am fully aware of what might happen during chemo and I think the most people will know .........

I'm still waiting for an answer from the Company  -  so far I've had 5 responses as they are passing the buck .......  :-X

This phobia has almost killed me at times.  NO amount of therapy will help as it was instigated within hours of my being born. .. and don't get me started on tapping etc., OK if it works for others but it hasn't for me.

I know a qualified psychologist who 'taught' havening ......... then had acute anxiety following trauma, she is now embarrassed that she would ever suggest it.

DaisyB

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2017, 08:14:11 PM »

Each to their own CKLD - I tried tapping also - not for me - I like to dabble but sometimes some of these things are too far out and I also feel that it's all too easy to exploit when someone is in need. Dreadful for you.

DaisyB xx

CLKD

« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2019, 11:34:24 AM »

Does anyone find that when anxiety strikes that the sense of smell is more acute .........

Taz2

« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »

Everything is more acute. All senses are sharpened to help deal with the impending danger the body is getting ready to cope with.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2019, 06:33:17 PM »

:thankyou: it was garlic once I had located the smell.  Usually it doesn't bother me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]