Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Emitophobia  (Read 56278 times)

Bette

Re: Emitophobia
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 09:56:16 PM »

Viv, it's not your fault! Many folk have this and she may well have developed it whether you had it or not. Please stop blaming yourself  :lol:
Bixby x

viv

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 10:12:46 PM »

Thanks Bix
But.... I know she has got it from me. She has listened to me shouting in a panic for her dad and me avoiding her while she is sick.I cant change it now, but apart from the sick bit I am an excellent nurse  ;D ;D

Viv
x

Bette

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »

I'm sure that you are. Mum and I still laugh about the fact that when I was ill as a child, I'd ask to wait for Dad to come home to have my pillows plumped etc as she was so heavy-handed!  ;D Still wanted a cuddle from her when I was feeling reayyl rough though!  ;D
Bixby x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »

Are you able to talk about it in the family?  We didn't.  I was too embarrassed  :sigh: but apparently 'they' all knew and did NOTHING to help ...... so it was hidden. 

viv

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »

The kids and my hubby know how I feel, but only hubby knows to what extent. Its not something I have ever hidden. I am quite happy to tell people I am not good with sickness. They dont understand , but I will admit to it anyway.
Talking about it has never really helped me, but all the family are "aware" of my problem.

Viv
x

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 04:44:13 PM »

Mine includes getting diaorrhea too - anything which may affect other people and means I am not able to control my bodily functions.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 08:56:36 PM »

At least one can take a book to the loo ;-).  If everything moves upwards there's not a lot one is able to do about it ......... and when I had long hair it was tied up every night before bed just in case ........  :-\ - and yet I could clean up after the cats and dogs without problems !

karenw

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »

I have rabbits - so the latter isn't an issue.  Rabbits are one of the very few species who can't perform the dreaded act!!

shezzy622

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »

My first husband left me for an old flame but he blamed my anxiety problems as the cause of him leaving me, said i had changed so much, but not a lot i could do as you all know when you are in a grip of phobias your whole life is took up with avoidance. I felt sick constantly and was always worrying i would be sick in public so i avoided any social situations, my weight was low because i liked the hungry feel as i had nothing much in my tummy to make me sick. Years have passed i'm remarried now to a man who can sympathise and i have improved a great deal, but i still don't like going to far and have panic do's when i go out socially but now i don't care about what others think of me too much, if i want to leave......i leave, must be confidence with age ;) Wish it would go totally but think it's something i have to live with. Must admit it's making me hesitant with hrt incase it makes me feel ill.

I think talking about it helps as i do find it embarassing admitting i have a problem, but have found as on this forum it's amazing how many people suffer and you don't realise it, you just assume it's just you being wierd!

Hope everyone manages to find some form of relief from this phobia as some point in your lives, it would be nice not to wake up and decide "how am i feeling today?"

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »

I used to check my stomach before going into a shop to make sure I could get round before it began to churn ...... that was OK in small shops but not in Stores.  I work on the premise that if I haven't eaten there's nothing to come back ........ but then I feel sick constantly ....... because my gut is hungry  :-\ ......

viv

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »

The average person does not vomit that often. If we are careful what we eat (and know what suits us) then mostly its a virus that is the problem. Unless we do not go out and wrap ourselves in cotton wool we cannot avoid the occasional bug.
I always try to remember when I am sick that it will not last that long,, and then I will be better. For me its others being sick that's the issue. If I am sick then I know what is happening, but if its others (drunks are the worse) then its the not knowing that the problem.

Viv
x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »

Well: when ever I was sick as a child it would go on for hours  :'(  ............ I still have a dread of it happening which is why I can't go abroad on holiday ............ but I have improved in that I will eat out with Hubby; I will bring fish and chips home and so long as I don't eat so that I feel 'too' full, that's OK - chickens get any left-overs.  But if the fear begins then I stop eating for days  :(

Stella_al

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 05:06:50 PM »

What a horrible condition  :( :(

I cant imagine how much it impacts in your day to day lives  :(

And am totally shocked by some of the disgraceful cr*p some of your therapists have said CLKD  :o :o :o :o

:foryou: for you all for a "good" day tomorrow.

Al x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 05:55:05 PM »

:thankyou:  therapists are 'doing it by the book' without empathy  >:(

karenw

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »

:thankyou:  therapists are 'doing it by the book' without empathy  >:(

- and most haven't a clue about the emetophobia actually involves or the far-reaching impact it can have....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15