Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: sterilization (tubal ligation with clips)  (Read 2785 times)

jo61

sterilization (tubal ligation with clips)
« on: February 09, 2015, 07:40:17 AM »

I know that a lot of ladies have had hysterectomy but are there any ladies who have had there ovaries tied or clipped (tubal ligation) ?. If so have they had any problems with severe pain and weird symptoms after their periods stopped.

Taz2

Re: sterilization (tubal ligation with clips)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:59:16 AM »

Hi jo - one of my friends was sterilised in her thirties but hasn't had any pain symptoms since going into menopause. I hope someone will be able to give more advice.

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:32:29 AM »

I had this done in my early thirties. I have never had any problems.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »

Same here.  Tied in 1981 and no problems since.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »

Had mine done mid-30's and not suffered anything since.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 06:24:17 PM »

Jo - if you are experiencing severe pain then I reckon you should get yourself checked out at the doctors as it doesn't seem to be a side effect of sterilisation. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

jo61

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 08:15:57 AM »

Thank you ladies for your replies, It is good to know that none of you have problems, I do have pain in my right side and have been for investigations which I have been told are normal. I have the clips on my ovaries and have always had a sharp pain ie when turning in bed since having the tubal 16 years ago. Since my periods have stopped 2 years ago it is like a constant dull ache and the sharp pain in my right side when turning I have a huge bloated stomach which makes me look like I am 9 months pregnant. The x rays show both clips are on the right hand side which I thought was unusual but I am told that is usual. I think this is probably my body screaming for hormones but as many of you know my anxiety is telling me I am dying, I have had blood tests done my estrogen was 98 and my progesterone was 2. My Gp practice are not very supportive to the point there is no discussion at all and has even been suggested that my menopause symptoms are from a back problem.

pj44

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 07:15:34 AM »

I had the clips 26 years ago. I dont have any pain. But on reflection i wish i had not had it done. I now advice not to have it done. I hope you find answers to your pain.

Mrs January

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »

Hi

I had ligation whilst having a C section with my youngest 17 years ago. Periods a nightmare until Mirena  put in and never had  a migraine until I was sterilised....so wish I had never had it done

Hugs

mrs January xx

kazy68

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »

I had it done got to be 25 years ago, didn't have any problems until i had it reversed 9 years later my left side did not work (reversal failed left side) since then i have a lot of pain in left side when ovulating not sure if its down to procedure or if its just me lol upside i did ave a wonderful son 12 months after reversal then sent hubby for snip lol

Karen
xxxxx