Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I'm getting the USA version of HRT preparations on the UK site!!!  (Read 8937 times)

Dancinggirl

I have emailed the MM website manager as I thought they had changed the HRT preparations page on the site.  It turns out I'm getting the American version for some reason - very odd!
I had just done a personal message to someone in America so maybe it put me onto the the Marican version???!!! I've tried everything I can I think of to get back to the Uk version.  I've reset Safari, emptied my cache, rebooted the Mac. All the other headings give the UK version (but maybe it's just the types of HRT bit that is different?)- it's just the HRT Preparations page that is wrong.
I've tried doing a personal message to someone in the UK in case it brought me back to this side of the pond!!!
I'm really baffled. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm getting the USA version of HRT preparations on the UK site!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:16:42 PM »

You're here now  :-\ ………….. didn't know that MM was State-side  ::)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:58:12 PM »

There must be an American version of the MM site that shows the HRT types they get over there!  Check this out: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatment-usa.php
Dg x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 10:34:14 PM »

Try clearing your history on your tablet/computer. That might help, although you've maybe tried that.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:47:48 AM »

Yes cubagirl - I have tried all the usual things - I think it's my computer - something is keeping me on the USA bit  - I may need to ask Apple!?  DGx

Jenna

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:54:29 AM »

What happens if you type this in to your browser?  http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »

When I click on your link I get the UK oestrogen list but if I then click on the green HRT preparations link I'm back to USA!!! Thank you for your help - I'm open to any suggestions so keep them coming.   I'll keep trying things.  Dg x

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

Hi dancing girl, your ipaddress is showing as American. I suspect it has something to do with your internet provider. You need to contact them and find out what's happening.

Emma

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »

Many thanks Emma - I did contact Plusnet and they managed to fix it.  Apparently the internet comes via various routes depending on availability and IP address got stuck at America for some reason!!!!  Thanks again.  DG x