Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Walking  (Read 6412 times)

Mrs January

Walking
« on: December 11, 2014, 06:13:03 PM »

Hey ladies

As you know life is tough just now. I have met a new guy who loves the outdoors, me too but  a little out of practice.

Today we go for a walk and I thought coffee.........he too us on a hike of total 6 miles through woodland etc ...after 3 and we broke for coffee I had to admit defeat....only for Mr Fit to kindly do the 3 miles back to bring the car:)))) well he did climb Kilamanjaroo in Sept 14.

Think I need to practice a little more, lose some weight and keep on trekking lol

Mrs January xx

Taz2

Re: Walking
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »

You'll soon build up your stamina Mrs J. If you can find the time to do a thirty minute walk every day - which should be around 2 miles - you will find that after a few weeks you will be able to walk further and further. Two miles seems a good starting point.

Taz x

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »

Well done Mrs January, walking is a positive experience,and great that you have a new man friend to enjoy it with.

It does help with thoughts as well, I have ms and find its good sometimes to just get out and walk which I do with our newish puppy, although he is huge and only eight months old!

Keep it up and it will get easier as you go along

Hugsx

Mrs January

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 06:49:16 PM »

Hi Ladies

Thanks. I can do 30 mins a day Taz....so sounds a good starting point. Following the house move end of Jan will have  a dog again too so that will be great.

Not so sure I will be attempting mountain climbing! leave that to the fit expert x

Micky

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 06:56:44 PM »

Well done Mrs J - three miles is a fair trek when a bit out of practice... Think I would have admitted defeat after the first 3 and opted for a cappuccino ...Congrats on meeting a new guy too - hope it all works out for you, and he sounds very chivalrous to go fetch the car.. xx

Mrs January

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 07:21:48 PM »

Hey Micky

Yep after flapjack and fennel tea for me ....coffee and flapjack for S....He said would you like me to get the car?? Umm yes please I don't think I am fit enough....he had not and ounce of stress about it and off he went saying he would be back in 45 mins......left me money for more drinks....you are all going ahhh????

When he dropped me off today we made  a plan to build up to the bigger all day walks he plans !!!! yep I am up for that as we have some lovely walks and coast here in Norfolk ....he is greta company and a delight to be around, tall, dark, slim, kind......you get the idea xxx

A chilled Mrs J xxxx

Mrs January

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »

Hi there Sparkle

Not sure about dog as yet. I did want a rescue greyhound but have always had border terriers so would love another one really. S has a dog who came with us on our  walk and he is lovely ...buster :)

Micky

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 02:14:20 PM »

He does sound rather Lush Mrs J - I am not jealous of course  ;).....You deserve to be happy & he sounds like he has the makings of a great companion..

I have a friend that has always had rescue Greyhounds and they are lovely dogs & actually and surprisingly do not need a lot of exercise ..I have a Golden Retriever and wouldn't be without her, to be honest don't think I would have got out of bed many a day if it wasn't for her ....Good luck with whatever dog you get xx

Mrs January

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 08:13:51 PM »

Hi Micky

Thanks, S has me on walking adventures again this weekend and I look forward to them, he is just well great and a lovely companion too.

Dog will come after Xmas I have heard Greyhounds need little exercise but with working that will suit me and the children.

Have a good weekend Mrs January xx

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 08:25:37 PM »

Retired greyhounds do make good pets. Info here http://www.retiredgreyhounds.co.uk/Greyhounds-as-Pets/  from the retired greyhound trust.

Taz x

Mrs January

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 08:40:46 PM »

Hey there Taz

Yeah loads round here due to the Great Yarmouth stadium xx

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 01:35:10 PM »

On behalf of all greyhounds in rehoming kennels please, please, please choose a greyhound :)  I have two at the moment but have had them in our lives for the last 15 years - they make brilliant pets, calm, placid and can manage quite well on 2x 20 min walks a day, building up to longer if they (and you) have the stamina.  If you want any more info please pm me - there are several places in Norfolk and lots in Suffolk as well.

Sounds like your new man is a real sweetie, going and getting the car for you ;)

Mrs January

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 04:41:08 PM »

Hey there

I am so keen for a greyhound as I love them, never lived with one though.

New man is well, just lush and so yummy.....here goes to more walking him, me and a lovely dog xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »

Oh greyhounds is easy peasy.  Couch potatoes! If you can't own one full time, perhaps go along to Rescue a couple of afternoons a week to walk/groom/clean/feed?  I fancy whippets myself.

Sadly greyhounds are discarded once their racing 'career' is over.  Also some don't recognise other breeds as all they have seen is concrete, other greyhounds, the back of a trailer and sand …….  :'( and now there's a new venue at Towcester  >:( …………  :-X

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »

They adapt to home life very quickly though and all the ones we've had (8 in total now) have ended up being fine with other dogs once they realise that they are just that - other dogs!
Pages: [1] 2