Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Do I get a period on femeston 2/10  (Read 4935 times)

Butterfly22

Do I get a period on femeston 2/10
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:48:37 PM »

Just wondering if I get a period, have done some research and mixed answers. I'm 41 started the menapause at 25 so have had the odd "fake" period but probably a couple of years since any although had slight spotting in this time. I feel like I'm going to just wonde if anyone can give me a bit of advice please? ️Xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Do I get a period on femeston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »

Hi Lila22
Yes, you should get a withdrawal bleed with the Femoston 2/10. This is a sequential form of HRT so there will be some pills that are just oestrogen and then later in the cycle there will be pills with both progesterone and oestrogen. After taking the 14 days of the combined oestrogen and progesterone pills and gone back to the oestrogen only pills in the new pack, you should get a bleed a couple of days later.
You don't say whether you have had HRT before? If you haven't, well it's high time you did to protect your heart and bones. If you have had HRT then the spotting you describe was obviously very light and this may be because you were on a very low dose of HRT.
As you have had a premature menopause (as I did in my 30s) there is a good chance you will be post menopausal by now so, in theory, you could have a continuous HRT preparation which would eventually result in no bleeding at all. The down side of continuous HRT is that you need to use progesterone all the time and it's the progesterone that tends to give side effects. If you have just changed to Femoston from a different HRT then this can take a bit of time to settle down.
If you do find that you feel good on the progesterone+oestrogen stage of Femoston it probably means this progesterone suits you and you could eventually try the continuous form of Femoston.  Unfortunately the Femoston conti it is lower dose and at your age the higher dose is probably more appropriate.  If you can put up with the minor inconvenience of a monthly bleed (it may be quite light) then I would stick with this until you are 50 and then try the conti version.
You do have other options if Femoston doesn't suit you (it tends to suit many women very well). Do get back to us with questions.
Good luck with the Femoston.   DG x

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 04:04:23 PM »

Hi Dancingirl, thank you so much for your reply,  I have been on every HRT going I think, I was on nuvelle for ten years but when they stopped it I've been trying to find something else, I also have ME so I have chemical sensitivity which makes it a nightmare.
To be honest I feel like I could do with a monthly bleed although nothing yet.
Fingers crossed this works but thank you for taking time to give me a good reply xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »

Hi  lila22 - I think I've discussed different HRT before with you haven't I?
Good luck with this one! Hope it suits you finally.....

Hurdityx

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »

Hi Hurdity yes you have :) fingers crossed ive found the one ️xxx