Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How are people coping with this really cold weather?  (Read 4980 times)

Smokey

Re: How are people coping with this really cold weather?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 10:03:25 PM »

Hi
Dandelion

I'm just on a break from HRT at the moment only used to have warm glows before HRT was on 50 patches recently have had warm feelings down back and light flushes it's been a few a week or none as they have been creeping back in on HRT I wonder what I will get off it I am only coming off so I can have some tests, then I will be back on them again, I notice that your on 75 now and am the same age as you 48 and had terrible time before HRT and have been on 50 patches for about three years. I am always cold and wrap up I live in sw area and today I had long sleeve thermal vest on and sweatshirt my feet are always cold too really cold!
Dare I say I look forward to feeling warm, ah to just wear a t shirt!

I take hot water bottle to bed too, hubby is like a furnace! I turn heating on he turns it off!

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 10:32:50 PM »

I've had woolen coat, scarf & gloves on up here. Brrrr. Heating driving me insane. Mobile thermostat in main room, rest of house like an ice box. Move thermostat to hall, main room still hot, rest of house like an ice box.  I've jiggled settings on radiators etc. Turned main room down just a smidgen then it's like an ice box. Hate this stupid system!!!!!!

Dandelion

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 11:05:45 PM »

Hi
Dandelion

I'm just on a break from HRT at the moment only used to have warm glows before HRT was on 50 patches recently have had warm feelings down back and light flushes it's been a few a week or none as they have been creeping back in on HRT I wonder what I will get off it I am only coming off so I can have some tests, then I will be back on them again, I notice that your on 75 now and am the same age as you 48 and had terrible time before HRT and have been on 50 patches for about three years. I am always cold and wrap up I live in sw area and today I had long sleeve thermal vest on and sweatshirt my feet are always cold too really cold!
Dare I say I look forward to feeling warm, ah to just wear a t shirt!

I take hot water bottle to bed too, hubby is like a furnace! I turn heating on he turns it off!
Hi Smoky

Brrrrrr

I spoke to my GP yesterday and we are staying on 75 as I havent given it long enough.
Flushes still here, but not every day.

Hi Cubagirl

that sounds like a nightmare you have.

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 11:08:29 PM »

Son has same problem with his heating. His is a fixed unit beside his front door. His GF says she hates the system too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 11:12:20 PM »

Not as cold here this evening - 9 followed by 11 in the car - and I had added an extra layer 'cos it looked cold out there  ::)

ariadne

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »

I've had woolen coat, scarf & gloves on up here. Brrrr. Heating driving me insane. Mobile thermostat in main room, rest of house like an ice box. Move thermostat to hall, main room still hot, rest of house like an ice box.  I've jiggled settings on radiators etc. Turned main room down just a smidgen then it's like an ice box. Hate this stupid system!!!!!!

Oh me too CG. Wireless thermostat. Set to 19 degrees half an hour before getting up then off after an hour as we all off to work. Feels lovely and warm when we get up. Same in the afternoon when I come home from work- feels lovely. But then as evening draws on, feels chilly but thermostat reads 21 degrees! No way is it 21 degrees as its not as warm as it was when it was set to 19 degrees!

So I have to take the thermostat into the coldest room and turn it up to 21.5 degrees. Half an hour later I'm turning it down again.

Aaagghhh! I'm sure this didn't happen before we had thermostatic radiator valves  :-\

Ariadne xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »

I don't trust those radiator thermostat-thingies …….
Pages: 1 [2]