Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 2 pumps Oestrogel  (Read 2931 times)

Liz

2 pumps Oestrogel
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:13:19 AM »

Sorry, ladies - tried to do a search for this as I'm sure I read it somewhere before on here, but couldn't find it.

Does anyone know what the equivalent patch (Estradot, for example) is to 2 pumps Oestrogel?

I was using the Estradot 50, which was working well but changed to gel as I couldn't keep the patches on.  Am now using 1.5 pumps gel but was advised to start at 2 pumps.  Was just wondering if I've dropped the dose by using 1.5 pumps Oestrogel as opposed to the Estradot 50??

Thanks!

Joyce

Re: 2 pumps Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 08:30:51 AM »

Estradot 50 equivalent roughly to 3 pumps. Estradot 37.5 would be 2 pumps, so you have dropped quite a bit. My gynae consultant had to do some maths to work it out for me. I was going other way from gel to patches. Hope this helps.

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 08:40:49 AM »

Hi Im using 3/4 pumps of oestrogel but noticed my symptoms (worse) are breaking through so wondering if the gel stops working and should I change to patches. If so should I start on 75 patch?

W

Liz

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 12:41:09 PM »

Thanks for that,Cubagirl - very helpful.  So, even 2 pumps gel is quite a low dose, isn't it?  Wonder if this isn't enough to prevent me having the breakthrough bleeding, which I'm getting at the moment.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »

Liz - I think you are still peri menopausal aren't you? your own hormones may be fluctuating so for the moment one and half pumps may be ok increasing to 2 pumps per day would also be fine.  I was on just under 2 pumps per day for ages and my oestrogen level was about 600 which is reasonable. It is trial and error to find the right amount but I would stick with a certain dosage for a few weeks at a time so you can actually gage the right dose for you. We are all different and the dose we need varies greatly.  Also the oestrogen takes time to build up and work so changing from patches to gel may take time to settle, especially as you were having trouble with the patches sticking - you may not have been getting enough oestrogen with the patches if they didn't stick.
DG x

Liz

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »

Yes, Dg, peri.  I'm going to stick with one and a half for now, in the hope that my twice monthly bleeds may settle.  This one is not coming to much - thought it was going to be a proper one yesterday and now it's down to nothing again.  More the annoyance factor than anything!  Last month I had to wear a pad/liner the whole way through.... ::)