Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hope  (Read 2430 times)

bev567901

Hope
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:28:09 PM »

Thought I would post as a bit of a hope to all struggling especially newly so. This time last year after being unwell for many months with meno symptoms & wanting to end my life as things where not getting better & my GP's fobbed me off I feel happy, much happier than I have for some time. After hitting rock bottom I was prescribed an AD then 6 mths later I was given HRT as I found a GP who agreed that at 51 yrs I was in peri. Things have slowly got better not sure what has helped the most it has been very gradual & of course I have accepted certain things now. I just wanted the old me back & now she is. I was dreading Christmas this time last year & couldn't even leave the house. It's not been easy & I was determined not to change the meds I was given & persevere with them. It is such a difficult stressful time of year coming up & if you add feeling unwell onto that us ladies take the lions share. This is a great place to come & find things out & no longer feel crazy or alone. I know I will have more to come meno wise but no longer feel overwhelmed by it. It's hard to persist with getting help when you feel so poorly but believe what you suspect no matter what age we all know ourselves better than anyone else & these darn hormones are a real roller coaster but hoping we can all get back to new improved versions of our old selves xxxx

toffeecushion

Re: Hope
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »

I am so pleased for you.  I remember how down you were.  I'm still trying to get my GP to believe I am perimenopausal.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »

Glad to hear you are feeling better bev!  :)

Hurdity x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »

Great to hear some good news Bev....really pleased for you esp since I'm sure we've all experienced dark times....... :congrats:Yvonne X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 05:16:52 PM »

So good to read that you are feeling so much better Bev.

Taz x  :foryou:

bev567901

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »

Thank you ladies. I don't think I would have believed my message last year I thought I was broken & non repairable. In the new year it will have been 2 yrs since things started. The hardest thing is no one tells you about ALL the signs & symptoms and doctors do fob you off. My eldest daughter knows what is what now, let's hope things improve in the future as I know I would have been locked away 100 years ago  :o xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »

Lovely news!

karenja

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

Hi Bev remind me what hrt and ad's are you taking?x