Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 39359 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2014, 07:36:24 PM »

You are welcome.  Does anyone have imaginary conversations in their heads when troubled  :-\ - I go over and over what I would like to say in retaliation to what others have said/done and sometimes I get to respond  :o

socalgal14

« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2014, 01:09:47 PM »

It is so true that it's always worst in the morning. I'm seriously thinking about doing a career change. Even though another job will pay less, I don't need the stress. The stress is also contributing to the anxiety. I need to let it go and not worry so much about how the bills will be paid. Like my hubby says, God will provide. We can all make changes and still be okay. Health and sanity is what matters.

CLKD

« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »

Welcome Socialgirl - what skill base do you have, perhaps new thread?

Anna

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2014, 06:56:54 AM »

This morning anxiety is truly horrible.  I wake with a feeling of impending doom.  I worry so much about my son who become unemployed last week.  Totally unexpectedly he was one of several who lost their jobs and had done nothing wrong.  Seems so unfair.  The thing is I feel almost hysterical with worry and wonder why hubby is quite rational!  Going to work does help as I force myself to concentrate on what needs done and I work in a small friendly team.
This is not a pleasant time at all  :'(

karenja

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »

Hi Anna

I know how you feel, again ive woken feeling very anxious, Im meant to go out to lunch, Im going to make myself go, it may help, hope you feel better as the day goes on good luck x

babyjane

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2014, 08:42:57 AM »

Rescue Remedy really can help. I use the spray not the drops and have 4 sprays instead of the suggested 3.

I also use propranolol (a beta blocker) than my GP gave me. I am very sensitive to medication and I cut a 10mg tablet in quarters and have a quarter in the morning and the evening. This is only 2,5mg at a time. I think my GP is humouring me as he doesn't really think such a small dose will do anything for me but it really takes the edge off and helps me not over react to everything.

Millykin

« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2014, 09:02:20 AM »

I have propranalol too, was on 80mg slow release until July when I goy 40s then stopped. Now and again I cut one in half so it's 20 and take if needed. I have also cut it into quarters for 10 and it works, maybe placebo but hey if it does the job babyjane then carry on doc may well be humouring   ;)
Karenja try enjoy your lunch hope you feel better soon
Anna hope you feel better soon too we have a tendency to make things worse in our minds
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:05:44 AM by Millykin »

kiltgirl

« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »

You are welcome.  Does anyone have imaginary conversations in their heads when troubled  :-\ - I go over and over what I would like to say in retaliation to what others have said/done and sometimes I get to respond  :o

yes I do this all the time...get myself all worked up needlessly, usually when I need to switch my brain off at bedtime grrr

CLKD

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2014, 05:09:32 PM »

I find that if I have the 'head conversations' I am less likely to burst out with what I am really thinking!

I had to par back plans yesterday - we were going 'out for a meal' with friends but all week I've got more and more anxious about it so we met for a drink only.  That worked  ;) >phew< ……….

I have cut my 40mg Propranolol in halve as the full dose was make my head really tired every morning.  20mg at night and morning.

Millykin

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »

Ye imaginery conversations in my head! Better that than saying it to people sometimes, saves the guilt of upsetting people

karenja

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2014, 04:26:44 PM »

well I went for a walk made myself, only 40 mins, with ten min stop at the shop, I felt ok until I stopped then felt strange but I don't know whether I did actually feel strange or I just wound myself up over the walk, when as I was getting near home I could feel chest pains, again prob nothing but it stressed me, since ive got in Ive got the second headache today, I don't know if its just anxiety or im back on the estrogen only Everol Patches now so is it progesterone withdrawal, this was mentioned previously, its awful when you cant even for for a walk without worrying something bad will happen x

gladys

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »

I know how you feel sometimes I am ok other days I feel so worried worked up and sad just good to know in a weird way I am not going nuts there are other lauds like me thank you all for sharing  8)

Kathleen

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »

Hello ladies.

I just wanted to send my sympathies to all the ladies who are struggling at the moment. I am also having a very anxious day today. The jitters are always there but they really ramped up around lunch time  for no reason whatsoever ( I'm so sick of it that I've opened a bottle of red to see if that helps).

Best wishes to all and here's to a better day tomorrow. Cheers!

Take care everyone.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2014, 07:22:53 PM »

Kathleen - a little alcohol in moderation can do wonders for stress and anxiety! Too much can have the opposite effect especially during the night and the next day. I always find it makes me very mellow - I usually go for a glass of sherry before I eat in the evening - put on a CD while I'm cooking and it never fails to make me feel good and relaxed (or energised depending on the music!). Sometimes wine instead or as well but sometimes gives me migraine. In summer I have a G&T or a cool beer! By the way not every day!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2014, 10:22:58 AM »

I want to book theatre tickets for Nov but everytime I think about doing so my stomach lurches  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11