Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 39618 times)

babyjane

Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »

I am 5ft 4 and was 10st 3 but am now 9st 10. Not a bad weight but I feel less well since I dropped the half stone. Thanks for the advice  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »

I am 5foot 1" tall  ;) ........ the lowest I went down to was 5st 7lb in 1971.  When I married I was 7st 2 and stayed there for ages++.  Even though I had anorexic tendancies.  We walked a lot, I was skinny - looking back at the photos  ::) - but healthy-ish.  When my dog was ill I went to almost 9st as I stopped walking her.  It took 2 years to get back to 8 and a half, I borrowed the neighbours' puppy  ;D.

You may feel 'less well' because your body is hungry ......... can you explain 'less well'?

Limpy

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »

This weight thing is difficult.
I'me 5' 6" - I weighed 9st at my lowest ever, looked gaunt, people (not OH) said I'd lost too much weight.
9st 10lb is my "fighting weight" not fat not skinny, but that was 10 years ago.

Currently 10st 10lb - that's with taking Gabapentin for pain control - renowned for weight gain.
But I seem to feel ok, possibly less anxious, as well.

I'me going for pain control at the moment - may help with anxiety as well............

Hurdity

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2014, 07:19:01 PM »

My goodness there are a few of us littlies on here - I'm 5 foot 1 as well but CLKD and honeybun you make me feel fat!! I am 9st 4 - OK I do need to lose a few pounds but I know I do not look fat though! I struggle to keep my weight down and if it gets below 9 st I am happy. If I'm 8st 12 I look quite slim. I have a medium frame though because I looked skinny at age 18 when I was 8st 8, so it's not that much to put on - and I'm not going to get anxious about it! Also if I was back to that size my face would look terrible - well neck anyway. Always make sure I go no higher than this, and refuse ever to buy bigger jeans so it's fine!

I know about that weird low blood sugar thing - it makes me desperate to eat so I can imagine if it was often like that you would feel anxious.

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »

When I got married I was 8st 2. When hubby met me I was working in an industrial catering kitchen and was 7st 4..I was far too thin. Gave up the heavy work and put on some weight.

I was the same weight at the start of three pregnancies and put on so much weight but walked it off.

Although I am quite slim all my excess has settled around my middle.

I keep complaining to hubby but he is much the same. 6ft and 11 stone with the excess around his middle.

It's middle age spread and it would seem short of starving myself mother nature will have its way.

Honeyb
x

Dandelion

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2014, 08:20:09 PM »

I just want to offer hugs to all those on this thread who are suffering anxiety.

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »

:thankyou:  I have a 'lot on' in the next few months so it's creeping around my gut again ......... the anxiety not the weight, I have noticed that I have middle aged spread  >:( i.e. lazy muscle  :-X

karenja

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2014, 08:29:58 AM »

Anxiety is no joke I've been a little better until yesterday it's back I'm on the last week of the everol sequi this is my second month (haven't had Bleed should i worry? ) just feel anxious agai and been having little nightly things I don't  know if related psi at back of head or in my left hand side yesterday and a bit in my chest today sometimes these things come on then go but if your anxious you worry! X

Maryjane

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »

Problem is with anxiety we notice everything that we would normally brush aside, it's like being in a creaky house you don't hear anything all day but when you go to bed and it is silent, you hear every squeak and creek.

roisen

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »

It is the worst feeling. I've was awake all of last night sweating and shaking with anxiety. My husband thinks I'm insane. This is all because I have to have a hysteroscopy under GA. I'm convinced there is something serious wrong with me. I can't think straight. My heart races. My blood pressure is up. It's terrible. I sympathise with everyone on here who suffers with this. I don't want anti depressants either but it is all they seem to offer isn't it?

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »

If I am supposed to undergone medication intervention my GP will give me Valium or similar to ease panic attacks, without which I would be in a hole in the ground by now ………. I agree MaryJane - as my anxiety levels rise I notice more 'about' me ………..  :-\

roisen

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »

If I am supposed to undergone medication intervention my GP will give me Valium or similar to ease panic attacks, without which I would be in a hole in the ground by now ………. I agree MaryJane - as my anxiety levels rise I notice more 'about' me ………..  :-\
How wonderful that your GP understands. Mine won't give anything to calm me down. I have asked for Valium but they refuse.

dulciana

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »

My anxiety makes me worry that I'm always offending people, worrying about people not answering my emails or texts because I think I've annoyed them or offended them.   Usually turns out I haven't, but I go through absolute agonies until they get back to me or I talk with them again.  Does anyone else find this happens to them??

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2014, 06:10:20 PM »

It used to worry me but now I tend to get in touch with them to ask - usually they haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary!

If my GP didn't give me anxiety relief as required I wouldn't be here  :'(

honeybun

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2014, 06:14:40 PM »

Anxiety just sucks the joy out of life. Spontaneity goes, the ability to enjoy every day goes. Oh I could go on but you ladies know how it goes.

Just for one single morning,  just to wake up and feel good and not have the tummy churning knot.

Not to have to look ahead and question if you can do the things you need or want.

Oh well, onward and flamin upward.....what's the choice.

I just get frustrated with me sometimes.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11