Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Blister - keeps on growing  (Read 26241 times)

Rowan

Re: Blister - keeps on growing
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »

Did tell you Limpy, its what I have always been told. As long as its kept clean and dressed its perfectly OK.

Limpy

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 02:30:20 PM »

You did SL, you did.

OH got irate on Sunday when the blister really increased, saying we should have ****ed it when it was cherry sized.

Ii's so difficult when all the web sites, and medics say, don't.
Anyway, hopefully sorted now.

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 03:31:45 PM »

It will probably fill up again a couple of times.....Well mine did. I used hubbies sterile insulin needles to do mine. The nurse may give you some if you ask.

It's a funny blister. Remarkably tough on the outside I found, not like a friction blister at all.

Glad you are getting it sorted Limpy......horrible things. Do you think it was a horse fly bite ? I know mine was as i saw the bugger  ;D

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

Its one of those things when some say leave it and some say **** it, forgot to say about sterile needle, I boil it and use some TCP, OH thinks its

wonderful and say its an old fashioned remedy and is always saying "TCP it" do you think its something to do with the war ;D

Think your OH might have been right, hope it start to clear up now Limpy.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:26:24 PM by silverlady »

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 06:09:32 PM »

Thanks Ladies

Honeyb - You're right - again. It's definitely leaking, the dressing is a fetching brownish colour (sound familiar?) Don't think it was a horse fly, it happened in the house and we would have noticed one of those. OH had a similar bite on his ankle, he burst it early on, but it did keep on leaking.

Silverlady - OH was right (along with you and Honeyb). He will never, ever let me forget it   ::)

We don't know what's biting us, but there are some very small things flying around, they don't look like midges or gnats though  :-\

Am definitely going to try and get hold of some TCP, asked at the chemist last Friday they didn't have any, but I think Sainsburys may have some.

Off to see the nurse tomorrow, that will be interesting...................

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »

TCP smells worse than anything but it also works better too.

My pharmacist orders in the cream and the liquid for me when I need it. The kids hated it as does hubby but boy does it work.

It really sounds like a horse fly bite. Don't think anything else causes such a big blister that is quite so dirty.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 06:29:13 PM »

Hmm - That does sound right, but the really scary thing is that we haven't seen any big ones, so does that mean there is a  baby horse fly nursery in the house?

Ankle feels so much better.

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 06:41:13 PM »

Glad you are feeling better Limpy.

Just can't think what else it would be. We have a lot of midges in Scotland and I react to them but they are small raised itchy dots that go in a few hours. Horse flies are dirty.
The blister is tough. Anything else would burst itself. Mine was huge and I still have the scar on my arm two years later.

Try and get the TCP if you can...it will speed up the healing after the blister has finished leaking.
Main thing is you have had it seen too.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 06:52:11 PM »

I am going to get the TCP, whatever it takes.

The thing is, I had a similar blister in April 2001, that was definitely tough, it was smaller though.
It only split after I had put a dressing on it and went swimming, mind you there was horse riding the next day.

My ankle feels so much better now.

Rowan

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »

Be prepared for the sting though if its the liquid, It is quick though  ;D

Get the cream too as HB has said.

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 08:37:18 PM »

Remember to dilute as per instructions and then stand down wind of everyone else  ;D

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »

TCP is great, either as a paste or liquid with which to gargle.

Glad the blister site is improving!

Limpy

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 06:01:21 PM »

OK - So a waterproof (ish) dressing was put on yesterday with some flamazine cream.
The dressing had be to "concocted" from different bits and pieces, nurse not me.
This morning the dressing got wet (leaked around the edges) so replaced it, old one had yellowish gunge on it (sorry TMI).
Seeing nurse tomorrow but concerned this will take a while to heal.

honeybun

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »

It took weeks for mine to heal Limpy. Wouldn't worry about a mucky dressing. Your body is getting rid of all the gunk before it will start healing.

When I had waterproof dressings for my neck they were really good. It felt really soft but kept all my blisters dry. Maybe ask the nurse for something different.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »

Thanks Honeyb - As it happens I had some waterproof dressings left over from earlier in the year when I had a mole removed and it didn't heal. I mentioned the dressing to the nurse who said no we have everything we need here. Afterwards she asked for the exact measurements and name of the dressing. OH rolled around laughing when I told him.

The thing that worries me is will I be able to go swimming?
I think if I have waterproof dressings and change them when I finish swimming it should be ok, what would you think?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5