Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Blister - keeps on growing  (Read 26570 times)

honeybun

Re: Blister - keeps on growing
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2014, 07:00:05 PM »

We have a bit of that here. Up the top of a hill with nowt between us and the sea except a bit of distance. In our last house we had  to stuff newspaper up the chimney to stop the noise. We could see and hear the sea from the house and the windows were always covered in salt.
We have a few islands to slow the wind down but I do sympathise Limpy. The wind can sound like a jet plane at its worse. We always lie in bed hoping there will be no damage.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »

have you tried 2nd-dary double glazing

Yep - There's pukka double glazing in the house. With the addition of trimmed perspex sheets (2mm - bought cut to size) and nifty timber frames making it triple glazed.

Great minds think alike   ;D

Limpy

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2014, 07:38:59 PM »

The wind can sound like a jet plane at its worse. We always lie in bed hoping there will be no damage.

That is so familiar. We normally sleep downstairs, but that has big glass westward facing doors, so during strong west winds, it's just so loud, as you say like a jet plane. When it's like that that, we sleep upstairs. It's an old house which hasn't got much in the way of ceilings. Even in the sheltered part of the house we heard something rattling down the roof, given that the slates aren't well fixed that was a bit too exciting   :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »

Do you need to fix the headboard to the floor …………  ;) ………. large bricks on the blankets to stop them lifting when the wind blows ………  :whist:

How's the blister this evening?  I would wait until the wound is completely healed before swimming!

Limpy

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2014, 07:50:27 PM »

large bricks on the blankets to stop them lifting

How's the blister this evening?  I would wait until the wound is completely healed before swimming!

Bricks only needed during moment of passion - Few and  between - I might knock my ankle  ;D

Not even going to think about swimming till it's healed

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2014, 07:47:38 PM »

How has it been today?  Still excuse for feet up and something in a glass ……….  :whist:

Limpy

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2014, 08:01:49 PM »

Thanks CLKD - It's not been bad today, not really hurt.
However, I kept the ankle dry, no shower just stand up wash, horrid, must shower tomorrow.
Oh, and done b-----r all, lots of feet up.
Re something in glass, I couldn't possibly comment.......   :whist:

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2014, 08:02:37 PM »

:lol:  kicked my ankle this morning, thought of you immediately  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »

:thankyou:

Limpy

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »

Nurse redressed blister this morning.

It looks a lot better, now totally flat, except that there is a large circle (about the same size as an old half a crown) of dark red skin. Got to keep dressing on for a couple of days then should be OK for swimming - Yaaaaaayyyyyyy.

The really irritating thing is that I noticed another bite this morning, on my wrist.
Whilst this is getting bigger and swollen, (10p size) there is no sign of a blister. It's a case of being grateful for not so small mercies.

Don't know where the insects are coming from though, we've got insect screens on all the windows and doors aren't left open. Have noticed some small midge like things around though, so perhaps it's them.......

honeybun

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »

Cintonella candles are quite good for getting rid of midges, so not sure if that would be of any use.
We have had no midges here this year. It's been great.

Hope your new bite behaves Limpy.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2014, 07:33:55 PM »

Thanks Honeyb.

It's doing the swelling and itchy type of thing.
Wedding ring is getting very tight.
But at least there is no blister, yet...........

honeybun

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »

Do you do any gardening , or walking through long grass.

You must be coming in contact outside the house. Maybe have a think where you have been over the last day or so.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2014, 09:26:25 AM »

Don't do gardening.

The only thing I can think of is there are a lot of sheep and cattle in the field right next to the house. Also, there is a bit of a green lane, bordered by trees, at the back of the house.
So perhaps either of those could be it.

A blister did start developing on it last might. It got ****ed with a sterilised needle and covered with savlon and a plaster.  The swelling reduced pretty much straight away, it did come up a bit this morning, but my ring isn't too tight, phew

Just thought, there is a car port which we use quite a bit, so something could be lurking there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:27:59 AM by Limpy »

catdude

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »

Well I don't know what bit me but I too have a large blister on my ankle. Went to the GP who said ''we can a) leave it alone b) give you antibiotics or c) drain it'' which I thought was a bit unhelpful as I was hoping he would tell me what was required! I opted for c) drain it. He asked me to wait a minute and I assumed he'd gone to get the nurse or whatever he needed to do the draining but he came back with one of the surgery partners who said to do nothing with it. His view was that the blister is there for a reason, i.e. to form a sterile dressing for the bite and draining it was pointless as it will only fill again. No need for antibiotics as there is no sign of infection. So two doctors, same practice, different views  :o

Since then (Tuesday) the blister has continued to grow but there is still no sign of infection which is good. However, as the bite is on my ankle I can't actually wear 'normal' shoes and a, slobbing around in slipper boots which is fine this week as I'm on leave from work but I will need to wear shoes before long so I can see me having to go back to the doctors and try again for getting it drained......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5