Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Osteoporosis  (Read 8900 times)

Hurdity

Re: Osteoporosis
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 07:51:17 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl - glad to hear your scan results are OK! I agree that anyone should be able to get scans on NHS if there is concern, and if you push for it.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

Thanks ladies.  I am somewhat relieved the bones are not too bad.  I feel as though I now have a base line and maybe another scan in 3-5 years will give a better picture of how my bones deteriorate despite a good diet and exercise regime.  My fear is that my aches and pains(which are much worse since coming off HRT) prevent me from remaining active - cross bridges. I'm already having to take quite a few anti inflammatories.

I bought a new mattress in the John Lewis Sale and took delivery last week.  I must say it's helping my back as it's softer(6000 springs!!!) and more responsive to my curves.  We had been sleeping on an orthopaedic mattress(my husband's choice due to terrible back problems) for the last few years and I've always found it too hard - my lower back was always painful in the morning and I felt as though my hips and shoulders were digging in - it was like sleeping on the floor.  This new mattress is medium tension on my side and firm tension on my husbands - I didn't know you could get this in a Kingsize mattress, I always thought you had to have two mattresses that were joined. I got this half price as it was the one on the shop floor - it was originally £999 - a real bargain. It even has a cool side and a warm side!!!! I'm hoping this will help to keep me active - not to mention some better quality sleep.
Gosh!!! the menopause is expensive.
DG xxx

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl I was attracted to this thread because my husband has osteoporosis. He was diagnosed aged 47 and has a strong family history. His brother also has it and so does our son who is only 34.
Anyway that's not the point. I was really interested to hear about your kingsized mattress, it sounds exactly what we could do with. Could you tell me a bit more about it?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »

The mattress is from John Lewis and it's one of their 'Natural Collection'.  I think you can have any of these mattresses made up with separate tensions - so one side medium and the other side firm. I'm not sure if they are on the internet but if you can get to a John lewis it's always worth trying them out before buying.  Do phone and check that they still have them as I think these mattresses were a special promotional thing over the summer.
Good luck.  DG x

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 08:27:58 AM »

Thank you very much for your reply  :)
Pages: 1 [2]