Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bloating and wind  (Read 14199 times)

wombat62

Re: Bloating and wind
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »

Sorry to hear this is being a nuisance!

I've been having a few problems with (I think!) trapped in stomach or in the guts behind it (upper left) which has been making me cough and that awful fluttering feeling in your chest, which could be the air touching the vagas nerve. Touch wood it's settled down a bit at the moment (bit less stressed at the mo!) but I've done heaps of research on the internet these last few weeks.

Peppermint tea should apparently only be taken after a meal as it relaxes the sphincter between the oesophagus and the stomach making reflux worse. Try fennel or fresh ginger tea. You could also try chewing a few fennel seeds, it's weird and a bit woody but I tried a few the other night and seemed to work! Try to drink plenty of fluids, chew food properly (I know I don't because of teeth), exercise and watch your swallowing. I think it's something we might do more when stressed and also don't drink from straws or bottles as that takes extra air down. Someone else suggested not eating carbs and proteins together. I did this when I had bad IBS years ago and it did help. Some fresh lemon juice in hot water first thing in the more helps set you up for the day. Reduce fruit and especially citrus apart from the lemon first thing in the morning, then broccoli, cauli ... in fact all thing things you are supposed to eat!

I think fluids is my main thing, I seem to need to drink heaps these days to keep everything ticking over. If I have a day or two where I can't get as much then everything seems to go out of kilter...weird!

Any yoga moves involving forward bends helps digestion and also lying on your back and bringing alternate and both knees up to the chest.

Hope it settles down soon!

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 05:04:18 AM »

Interesting about peppermint tea. It's the only hot drink I like. I drink loads. I shall  try fennel tea then. Years back I went through a period of really toxic wind, painful and unpleasant for me and my husband. I looked at the FODMAPS diet and cut out cauliflower, etc, citrus fruit, any fruit with a stone and it made a huge difference, immediately. I still get wind and bloating, but nowhere near as severe. Just noisy.  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »

How often and when are you taking the Colpermin?  I was told to swallow the capsule within an hour of eating my main meals including breakfast which meant setting the alarm  :o - after 3 weeks I was able to drop the morning capsule as the wind had dissipated.

I had Colpermin and Motillium - I had to swallow 3 of the latter each time in order to get the slow transit to speed up.  It got rid of the upper gut wind and helped the spasms speed up.

This regime really irritated my in-Laws becuase it meant I had to eat regularly and they were a bit hit and miss about strict meal times.  Eventually I took my own grub when we visited so that I could eat as necessary. 

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 11:21:07 AM »

Another tactic to get rid of wind we were told by nurses when in hospital for hysterectomy was to lie on your back, rock from side to side and then turn on your left side, it usually works  :o

Also a reiki tip, lying on your back, rub the palms of your hands vigorously together until they are hot and then lay then on your upper abdomen, keep them there until your hands stop tingling, repeat the process moving down each time to the pelvic bones, you will hear gurgling sounds, this means things are moving.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »

I lay on my back in the bath and gently ease open the buttocks ...........   :-[  DH calls up 'is the jacuzzi working 2night?'  :D

Raw grated ginger or grated ginger cooked eases gut problems.  As does LIVE yoghurt.  Have a look at Indian receipes and see what are used between meals as cleansers .........

Rowan

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »

Think its going here sparkle

Sorry its so big  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 04:50:51 PM »

;D  I know that standing almost upright until it's necessary to squat can help.  I suppose I could do some dusting around the bathroom until such time as  :D ............. gravity and all that.

Linsey44

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »

Question is honeybun have you done the exercises i told you about.  Maybe you could post a photo for us!

Milamam

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 07:42:44 AM »

:rofl:

You girls make my day when I read you!!!!

I ve had wind troubles before when I was younger and wasn't eating properly. Have tried many funny things and positions, so I am with you :)

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »

Well between rolling, squatting and rubbing in having a fun filled time  ;D

Actually what's helping is a herbal thingy called Iberogast. Seems to be doing the job.

Honeyb
x

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 08:41:23 AM »

I have taken it before but forgot about it. I had called an alternative medicine practitioner and he reminded me of it.

I started on Tuesday and it seems to be doing the trick. It's expensive though. Nearly £20 for a small bottle.
I know it's widely used in Germany with great success.

Lots of facts on Google about it.

I prefer herbal as I hate taking lots if different medicine which never seems to work that well for me.

Honeyb
x

Linsey44

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:36 PM »

Have things settled down for you now HB?

honeybun

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »

Yes I'm fine now thanks. It comes and goes but after a few days on the Iberogast things have gone back to normal thank goodness.

It's good stuff as far as I am concerned.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 06:47:55 PM »

That must be a relief!  You have enough going on this week!!!
Pages: 1 [2]