Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Large clots  (Read 4497 times)

nelliedee

Large clots
« on: September 10, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »

Hi girls
I have been losing clots with each period for years and years but today I passed a clot that was the size of 2 50 pence pieces and thought I was gonna faint with the pain !!! obviously once it was out I was ok but can honestly say It was almost like being in labour. Are large clots normal? does anyone else lose painful clots? I will see the GP if need be but would rather not if at all possible x

Linsey44

Re: Large clots
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »

Hi sorry you are having such pain.  Only time I had really sore clots was after gynae surgery.   Monthly period clots although painful wasnt bad enough to make me faint.

You really should get these checked.  Clots can be normal for some but what you are describing sounds more extreme.

It could be a polyp, i had one in my womb and that caused clotting, get an appoint to stop you worrying.

X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:38:30 PM »

That doesn't sound too good everyones mum. Best checked I'd say. Better to be safe than sorry.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:29:48 PM »

I used to get these and found out afterwards that my doc would have liked to have been informed! Getting them checked might be a good idea although I was told that clots are a good sign during heavy bleeding as it means that your body's clotting mechanism is working well. I used to hate the feeling of them slithering out and plopping into the toilet bowl.

Taz x

nelliedee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:56:56 AM »

Thanks girls
Thats exactly what it did Taz  ::)

cherylks

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:21 AM »

In the last year or so I've had clots that have felt like I'm giving birth as they have come out!  I've been checked out and given tablets to try and calm the bleeding down as I have so many clots and tons of bleeding at a time.  Never had pain as they've come out though - just felt the stretching as it passes out.

Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »

I wonder if it could be fibroids?
I had an almost never ending period, and was on medication just before my hyster which gave me huge clots. Like everyone says - best get it checked out before you get anaemic.