Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Internal Tremors  (Read 20895 times)

Kathleen

Re: Internal Tremors
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »

Hello cheekygal.

My experience of the tremors is a bit different to yours I think. I get them in a very specific point in my stomach, I can feel the tension and jittering all the time and it is very distracting. Sometimes I feel I could cut the area out of me, it's that intense. Other times I just want to shout at my body to stop the sensation, even if it's only for a while. I agree it is very distracting and makes you feel nervous all the time. I have noticed that by the evening the sensation will go and my stomach then feels okay but I have to wait until 8 or 9 pm for that to happen.

The whole thing is exhausting and I'm so fed up with it. I've been reading your posts and I see that you are taking Diazepam, does that help at all? If it does I may ask my GP to prescibe some for me.

You have my sympathy as this is a rotten thing to go through so lets hope it ends soon.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

cheekygal

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 04:27:01 PM »

Yes Kathleen the diazepam does help for a few hours, I also try to get out and maintain as 'normal' a life I can with the help of the pills.  I tend to be more aware of them if I am sitting, or lying down, I guess dwelling on them doesn't help.  Morning is the worst time, and like you find around 9pm they settle down, only to start up when I go to bed and waken up.

I have mentioned diazepam in a few of my posts, I came across an article  which I posted on here somewhere entitled another interesting read.  While I am aware this is an addictive drug with terrible withdrawal symptoms, IMO if it helps certain people to lead a normal life then why not take it.  The article I posted relates mainly to people with panic disorder who do actually need these  drugs long term to function.  I find I get on better with them than I do AD's, (which I believe made me agoraphobic years ago) we are all individuals and what suits one person may not suit another. 

nelliedee

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »

I agree and also believe AD'S almost made me agoraphobic. I have had to take AD'S twice in my life after a bout of tearfulness and once I start taking the tablets I end up in an agitated state that can only be relieved by diazipam. 20 yrs ago I managed to stay on them for 6 weeks and it was during that time I had the internal tremors although I used to call them 'my fizzing'. 2 yrs ago I was only on them 2 days and I wont ever take them again. I have no fear of using diazipam but I would only want to use it short term if I ever feel the need.

Kelly

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 11:50:40 AM »

That's interesting everyone's mum I have had 2 weeks of citalopram and still feeling awful. I feel it's harder to go out now in these than it was with just the anxiety .  Standing in queues make me awful! I have 2 2weeks in now and really hoping for some improvement .
KELLY x

cheekygal

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:19 PM »

Kelly, that is exactly how I felt on the Mirtazapine, hardly able to go out. I did give them 7 or 8 weeks, but they weren't for me.  I am now 4 weeks off and able to go out a lot more these past 2 weeks, still using the diazepam, but I was taking that alongside the AD.  Just left with this horrid muscle tremors/jitters/quivers.  I actually thought they had subsided today, as went all day hardly feeling them, but it wasn't to be sadly.  Tomorrow however is another day :)

nelliedee

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 05:47:02 AM »

AD'S have side effects and one of them seems to be Heightened anxiety, if we already have anxiety then they add to to it. Diazipam, taken alongside AD'S for the 1st week at least can help and side effects of the AD'S should improve with time as your body adjusts. GP'S can help most people over the initial settling in period. Sadly I cannot take them again xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]