Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: started having periods again and sore boobs since taking Elleste Duet  (Read 4054 times)

sosallycan

Hi, I started taking Elleste Duet 1mg 3 months ago (I've just finished my 3rd packet) and since taking them I have started having periods again, even though I had gone over a year without one, and my boobs have gone up a whole cup size and feel full and heavy (they were already larger than average). On the plus side my hot flushes have gone and I don't feel as depressed – so it's like six of one, half a dozen of the other! Has anyone else experienced these symptoms or have any suggestions?
Please help...

Hurdity

Hi sosallycan

:welcomemm:

Glad to hear you are overall feeling better on Elleste Duet.

My boobs are definitely fuller ( less shrunken!) on HRT than when I wasn't on it - but I am pleased with this. They were horrible floppy things when I was heading for menopause. I choose to have a cycle on HRT (about every 7 weeks) even though I am 61 - as this is the lesser of the evils in my opinion.

What suggestions are you looking for?

Hurdity x

sosallycan

Hi Hurdity

Thank you for replying. I suppose my dilema is either come off HRT and have hot flushes, sleepless nights, aching joints etc., or carry on taking it and feeling grotty for a week of every month with painful (not heavy) periods & large boobs? Or would an alternative HRT be any different?

Sally x

Taz2

Hi sosallycan. You have come to the right place and will find lots of help and support on here.

The HRT you are on is designed to give you a bleed once a month I think - you take oestrogen tablets for the first couple of weeks and then take the tablets containing the progesterone for the last two weeks. Once you stop the progesterone containing tablets and begin a new pack then the bleed should happen due to the withdrawal of progesterone. If you begin using HRT after you have been period-free for at least a year then you are able to be prescribed a conti HRT. This means you take a lower dose of progesterone every day and you don't experience a bleed. Some women do have breakthrough bleeding on this regime but it should settle by six months or so.

I'm like Hurdity and liked the way HRT gave me back fuller breasts which were also responsive whereas my non-HRT-d breasts definitely had no feeling in them whatsoever and are quite "empty".

Taz x