Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2044 times)

Elaine2829

« on: June 03, 2014, 08:31:45 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here although I have posted once already, I didn't see this section until today....shows how observant I am.....not! Found this site last week after a Google search and am so glad I did. I have browsed quite a bit since then and the advice/support given to members is amazing. I thought I had sailed through the menopause 2 years ago until the other week, when I experienced sudden slight bleeding lasting 6 days with period type pains which went on until Sunday just gone. The advice and reassurance I received helped me to calm down and just wait for my appointment. This came through today, so next Monday sees me at the hospital. Still somewhat anxious especially as the information leaflet they sent me was incomplete. I got the first and last page though the insides of these pages were blank, pages 2 and 3 were missing and I had pages 4 and 5 twice, one of which was upside down. Now have little confidence in this hospital. I am anxious enough but when information leaflets they feel patients need, are sent out like this, it just makes me wonder....

Taz2

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 07:34:35 AM »

Hi Elaine - good luck with your appointment - let us know how you get on. As for the leaflet - this is really appalling. I would phone the department and ask for another leaflet to be sent out explaining why. They can then check their remaining stock to make sure that other women don't go through the same. Failing that if you google the name of the hospital and the type of leaflet you can often find this sort of thing online nowadays.

Glad that you have found support through this great site.

Taz x  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:23:26 AM »

Hello Elaine2829.

I agree with Taz2 it's terrible that the leaflet you were sent which was supposed to inform and reassure you has turned out to be such a mess. If you contact the hospital they may be able to send you a correct version and make sure this mistake doesn't happen again.

Wishing you well for your appointment and let us know how you get on.
Take care.

K.

Kimmzi

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 08:09:13 PM »

Hi Elaine2829

Good luck with your appointment, let us know how you get on.
I agree with Kathleen , chase them up for updated information. I would suggest to request it from management .

Kimmzi  :)

Elaine2829

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

Thanks to Taz2, Kathleen and Kimmzi for responding.

I will be contacting the hospital tomorrow to complain but will not get into a discussion with them. I may call the PALS number instead.

I have already copied all the paperwork they sent, in case they take the originals off me on the day and will be handing in a formal letter of complaint a day or so after my appointment, just in case I need to add any more mishaps. You can tell I am not convinced that any of them know what they are doing........and I will certainly let you know what happens.

Thanks again xx