Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Advice for husbands  (Read 379043 times)

Michelle7474

Re: Advice for husbands
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2021, 02:35:53 PM »

I’ve just found this & sent to husband
To be honest he as been great & always try’s to reassure me things will get better.
I always think he must be bored of hearing me but he isn’t
He said he feels helpless that he don’t understand it & that this is one thing he can’t fix & that frustrates him
As it does me .. I was naive and expected to stop periods and maybe a few flushes. Shock to the system for me

I know I’ve changed but one thing about me and husband is we have always spoke about things.. we are open and up front even if it’s not what we Wanna hear
All our mates say they have never heard us slag each other off to people .. because we always tell each other rather than a middle person.
He is a good man as I’m a good wife to him & he said no matter what we do this together :) but I know and can see it bothers him seeing me go from happy go lucky to a bag of nerves & non existent

I know he will read it as he is that kinda man , we was lucky to find each other and we will be lucky to get through this together
Lucky for him I’ve not experienced anger yet 😂😂😂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2021, 02:42:23 PM »

Oh I would RAGE in the few days prior to a period  ???  DH learnt to stand well back!  We never call each other out in public, once I had explained that it isn't necessary to be exact when talking to people; i.e. does any1 really bother if it was last Wed. or 2 weeks ago on Sunday that we are talking about  ??? ::)

Michelle7474

« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2021, 03:27:07 PM »

My friend went through a stage of being angry with everyone .. she said she just felt rage constantly and went docs because she knew she needed something to calm her down
She is on antidepressants which calmed her down
She said she knew she had too because she works as customer service manager and she said she felt so much rage to complete strangers lol 😂
I’ve never been angry … only with myself for not coping & I hope I don’t get the angry symptom
And yeah CLKD private life is a happy life and our buisness is ours not the worlds thts what makes our marriage work as good as it does :)

Angelasurrey

« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »

Thanks I’m struggling to get my husband onboard. I’m struggling with alot of the peri symptoms.

He is complaining the house is upside down. His priorities seem different to mine. I Just feel so run down and alone . I know I feel extra sensitive. He’s wanting  to declutter and shampoo our carpets. Im literally just trying to get through the day with two young Kids. Nights are hard too.
I’ve sent lots of links and tried talking to him x

CLKD

« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2021, 12:42:43 PM »

Print this off.  Hand to him.  He may read it!  Have a quiet discussion that you need to talk to him: mayB after your evening meal, across the table.  Have a short list of how you feel as you go into perimenopause and ask how he would like to ease the situation - is it important to clean the carpets right this moment?  It may be his way of having some control if he doesn't/won't understand hormonal upheaval  ::)

Suggest that you both make a separate list of priorities i.e. for the next 6 weeks.  Does he work away from Home?  Is it that he sees 'clutter' where maybe there isn't much?  Shampooing carpets should be done in the Summer so that windows can be flung open for extra drying air ;-).

Let us know how you get on.

Angelasurrey

« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2021, 07:58:46 PM »

Thank you so much for your words of comfort and support.

It’s great that such a wonderful forum.

I will take your suggestions and try my best. X

CLKD

« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2022, 03:32:21 PM »

Bounced

Ju

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2022, 12:09:32 PM »

Yes I keep telling him my symptoms but I think, he thinks I feel better in a day or 2.... He doesn't seem to get it that it lasts years.... And he tries it on for sex, but I just don't feel like it at the moment, I just don't....so I have to keep saying so...I have lots of symptoms going through the Perimenopause, get good days and bad days, get days where I get angry and frustrated with people, I keep telling myself it's what I'm going through.... Looking forward to spring time  :tulips2: :tulips2: :tulips2:

CLKD

« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2022, 03:43:41 PM »

Bump for new Members

CLKD

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2022, 06:58:34 PM »

For new Members - print, read and hand over ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2023, 02:17:16 PM »

Bump for new members

Jules

« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2023, 08:16:32 AM »

Isn't this section a bit dated.  Advice for husbands? How many women have partners or sexual partners that aren't husbands? Lots.

CLKD

« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2023, 08:31:26 AM »

Nope.  Life is complicated enough.

One can print and hand over "To whom it may concern". 

Taz2

« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2023, 06:25:10 AM »

Isn't this section a bit dated.  Advice for husbands? How many women have partners or sexual partners that aren't husbands? Lots.

Maybe husbands/wives/partners?

Taz x

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2023, 12:32:41 PM »

These three articles from our Menopause Matters Magazine have been added to the magazine section:

Putting the men into menopause
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-latest.php#menone

Listen to what the men said
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-latest.php#mentwo

Menopause and men
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-latest.php#menthree
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12