Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Advice for husbands  (Read 377978 times)

Oldteen

Re: Advice for husbands
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »

I agree! And men lose their libido too, though that's not something that's generally acknowledged. I saw on a most unhelpful website that "men only lose their sex drive due to not having a responsive partner. They can have sex up until their nineties and give it up most unwillingly." In other words, it's the fault of the women for not enjoying sex anymore. What bunkum!

jax

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »

I had a thread on this a while back. Men suffer andropause which causes all the same symptoms we get except the periods obviously. they get tired, irritable, lose libido, lose interest in stuff, suffer night sweats and ED.

Eve

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D This has been so helpful and I laughed my socks off at some of your comments  ;D Luckily my husband has been totally awesome.. so far!! But I shall certainly print off a copy for him.. I think he has done quite a bit of research by himself and when I get stroppy and he quotes me something quietly I think.. ' bloody smart***!! but then I feel guilty, coz he is amazing and is really supportive!!  ;)

Thea

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »

I have read your Advice for Husbands with the list of possible symptoms.  I found it very helpful and sounds so like me.  I am 65 now and I still have symptoms that at times seem to be worse than at other times.

I get the anxiety, scared feeling and feel out of control of my thoughts etc.  I cannot make a decision and when I do next month I start doubting the decision I made.  I apparently ask silly questions of my husband (his words) I get insecure and feel the need for lots of reassurance.  I feel as if other people are running my life and cannot be assertive at this time.  Feed back would be good. :'(

Bette

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »

Hi Thea
 :welcomemm:
Why not introduce yourself on "New Members"? Newbies can get missed in the middle of existing threads and others will want to welcome you.  ;)
The lack of self-confidence and anxiety are problems for a lot of us on here so you'll find lots of understanding and support.  :hug:
Bette x

Thea

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »

Hi Bette  Thanks for the post.  I do not really understand how this forum works.  What is The New Members?  It's taken me ages to find your reply!! ::)

I actually thought that at the age of 65 I would not have mood swings, my lady Doctor thinks it is unusual too.  But I definately get bloated, slightly sore breasts, tiredness, headaches and aches and pains seem worse at these times.  That is when I get a scared feeling and ring people up for reassurance.  Some people get fed up of this though so you have to be careful who you speak too.  My husband gets quite angry with me because I have been like this all the time I had periods PMT, and I still get the same feelings monthly.

I would appreciate any help that others can give me.

Thanks

I get indecisive at this time too, not l

I get indecisiv

Bette

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »

Hi Thea
If you click on "Forum" (yellow button in the menu on the left) it'll take you to the front page of the forum. Then click on "New Members" and "New Topic" and then you can introduce yourself. Alternatively, just post on another existing thread. Just start joining in and you'll soon get the hang of it!  :)
It does sound as if you're still having some sort of hormone cycle and I have heard of ladies having hot flushes well into their 70s plus so it makes sense that other meno symptoms can occur too. At least you've found us to share it all with.  :bighug:
Bette x

Thea

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »

Bette Thanks for the welcome, I am feeling fed up with the so called meno.  Just when you think you have sorted it something changes, like spots on nose (gone back to my teens} ;D shoulder aches etc.

Does anyone else have bad days and find they hate everything about their lives?  Or am I going mad? :-\

Bette

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »

Does anyone else have bad days and find they hate everything about their lives? Oh yes!  :yes:
Or am I going mad? Well, if you are, we're all going mad with you!   :madeyes:  :lol:
Bette x

mac

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

Hi Thea

Welcome from another mad menopausal women who's had a bad day today.  Tomorrow's another day ;)

Mac

Hannah

« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2012, 03:50:45 PM »

I was going to start a thread on the importance of our OH understanding what a lousy ride this MP is - then I came across this thread and couldn't resist copying and pasting one of the posts!

"My advise to husbands (1) Beware of low flying saucepans (2) know when to keep it  (3) don't ask for sex as a refusal may cause offence or in extreme cases the likelihood of a black eye  (4)please make a fuss even when we say "don't make a fuss" (5) Don't ask "would you like a drink" of course I b****y do and a king size bar of chocolate and 3 Magnums      (6) Dont say " can I get you anything" yeh like what!  a new body    (7) Mostly don't try and understand me just love me"  Actually, both of us laughed out loud but OH still seems to think we exaggerate all this just a tiny bit!!!  >:(

Hannah x

Shirley42

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2012, 12:33:30 PM »

Glad it's not just me who thinks they are going mad :P

Ju Ju

« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2013, 04:27:23 PM »

Sanity is boring!! ;D

Bo Snow

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »

I thanked my hubby for being so supportive yesterday and he said 'Bo...i'm your husband, friend and much much more. You never have to say thank you to someone who loves you...' think I met a saint 40 years ago!

My advice for husbands, and men in general is please to listen to us. Don't patronise us, don't make the meno the butt of jokes. Just walk with us through this thing and hold our hands when we get scared, teary and confused. It's like walking through a dark forest full of scary monsters and to have someone to help chase them away is all we ask...

Dippie

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2014, 05:33:09 AM »

I don't know if my 22 year old manchild found this on the internet or something like this, but he sure acts that way.

That kid is a saint sometimes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12