Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: New and confused  (Read 3554 times)

pjayem1964

New and confused
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:11:02 PM »

Hi everybody,

My name is Paula and I am 49 years old. (50 in September)

New to this forum but tbh I'm confused. In the last 7 years or so I was on Cerazette, which stopped my periods, then went onto the implant, Implanon which also stopped my periods. Then I had to have the implant removed as the three years were up and in June last year, had the replacement Nexplanon implant inserted. This was 11 months ago, It brought my periods back with a vengeance. My last menstrual period was about the 17th February, and since then just a minimal amount of spotting about 6 weeks ago. PS I had the implant removed on the 24th February.

Was wondering whether contraception can mask some of the peri symptoms. My libido really went down the pan, but they say it is a side effect of the implant. My partner is sort of trying to understand me, but I read between the lines and I'm not sure he does. I can't compare my menopausal symptoms to my mum's as she didn't have a menopause as such. My 'mother in law' is the last person I would ask, as she is of the old fashioned school of thought, and 80 years old. I've been with my partner for nearly 10 years.

Any comments gratefully appreciated.

Bye for now,

Paula