Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: BCC on my face..need surgery  (Read 28284 times)

purplenanny

Re: BCC on my face..need surgery
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »

Yes mine in the pot is a bit straggly but I dont think they can be pruned. I might try a tidy up when I put it in the garden.

Your plans sound great honeyb, interesting 2 levels and I love the idea of the arch, very pretty.
 I bought a new table and chairs from ebay 2 years ago, lady bought 2 by mistake (???)  from m & s. It has a mosaic design and was half price!

Have a good weekend. PN x x

Dyan

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »

PN- just caught up with your posts.
I've not been on the forum for a while.
So pleased your op went well.You were so brave.
Love Dyan X

purplenanny

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »

Thank you Dyan, not sure I will be so brave when the dressing comes off..I dont think I want to look! x x

purplenanny

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2014, 11:17:12 PM »

Had my stitches taken out today. My god was that tender! Apparently it had healed so well the skin had grown over some of them so the nurse had to really tug to get them out. She kept saying sorry and I was just silent. It seemed to go on forever.

Now I can feel and see 3 areas of stitches still remaining, but not black stitches, like the ones she removed, they are see through ones sticking up about an eigth of an inch. I am wondering if it is internal dissolvable ones she may have pulled through while tugging the others out?

I really want to pull them out as they are very sore, but feel I may be undoing inside. I am upset she did not notice them

my scar is horrible, the shape of a question mark, all over my cheek. Much larger than i thought it would be and I hate it. I feel like a freak. :'(

honeybun

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »

:hug:

Give the nurse a call and ask her what they are and what you should do . It's very early days and you really can't expect everything to be back to normal yet. It will take a while. Get some bio oil on order ready to use when you can. I remember you saying your surgeon was very good at this so trust that it will get better and better as the days and weeks go past. You are not a freak. You are you , just with a sore face .

:foryou:

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »

The scar will soon fade purplenanny. I read on the NHS site that if the operation is likely to leave significant scarring then a skin graft is carried out at the same time as the excision. Your surgeon must have looked at this possiblity and with all of his expertise decided that it wasn't necessary. It is still early days. Try to look at the positives i.e. that the cancer hadn't spread and you are going to be absolutely fine.

Taz x  :hug: :hug:

Hurdity

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2014, 09:46:07 AM »

Hi purplenanny

Just wanted to say do take care and sending healing thoughts to you

Hurdity x

Limpy

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2014, 12:15:44 PM »

Hi Purplenanny

The scar will fade as it heals it just takes time.
I have had a similar thing with my back and dissolvable stitches, they hadn't gone after 3 weeks and the nurse tried to remove them. She got one out but the others hurt like **** so were left. I can now see the scar on my back, it looks horrible but isn't leaking now, so at least it is healing.

Don't try and pull the stitches out yourself, like HB says give the nurse a call for advice. Have you got a follow up appt at the Hospital?

Lots of Hugs - IT WILL FADE

:hug:  :hug:   :hug:

ariadne

« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »

Skin is marvellous at healing itself. Just think of all the times you have cut or burnt yourself and you think it will never heal. Bet you can't find those places now. It really is very early days and I can only imagine how upsetting it is to see what the scar looks like now but just hang in there because it wont look like that soon.

See if you can get someone to check the stitches you can see - you don't want to pull them out yourself.

Have a big hug  :hug:

Ariadne xx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]