Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: BCC on my face..need surgery  (Read 28658 times)

honeybun

Re: BCC on my face..need surgery
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2014, 07:39:47 AM »

Glad for you that you have a nice dry dressing on now. The hairdresser sounds ideal and dry shampoo is really quite good. You can just damp down your hair and style it meantime.
You sound so much more relaxed now which is nice to hear.

Treat yourself to a wash and blow dry. You really deserve it.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »

PN go and treat yourself at the hairdressers - You deserve it.   :foryou:

Joyce

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2014, 02:58:17 PM »

You know you really, really want to PN. Everyone deserves a treat, you deserve it.

purplenanny

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »

Thank you for the tips and kind words, but..

I have failed miserably and given in to washing it myself!! It was just too much money, I could not justify it. I would rather buy a plant for the garden

But it was not easy.. I stuck a plastic food bag over the dressing, with tape covering my eye, ear and neck and stood backwards in the shower [url] ::)] and stood backwards in the shower http:// ::)- nearly put my neck out, but I do have clean hair now!! :yipi:   Thank goodness I don't have to do it everyday!!

PN x x

Limpy

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »

Well done PN.  :medal:

This showering while trying to keep different bits dry isn't easy is it?
I am still having very weird showers since a minor back procedure has refused to heal.

Joyce

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »

Well done PN. Clean hair always make us feel better. Nothing worse than greasy locks. I can just about manage to leave mine for two days. The morning horns are not attractive though, so gets washed every day.  ;D

purplenanny

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »

Oh that's not easy Limpy! Sorry to hear it is not healing, very awkward place to have a wound. I hope it gets better soon. :bighug:(gently) x x

Visualising the morning horns CB :o x x

Limpy

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2014, 06:31:34 PM »

Thanks for the gentle hug PN.
Enjoy your clean hair   :)

honeybun

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »

I can always find another road for the money too  ::)

I had this problem when I badly burned my neck. Hubby did mine over the sink ( he has his uses  ;D ).
We have kitchen bar stools that go up and down and I managed a back wash to start with. They then gave me really good water proof dressings so I could get back in the shower.
My daughter buys dry shampoo which works a treat. It's not expensive and it gives her another day between washes. Maybe worth a try until you can do it in the shower.

Now start to plan what garden plant you want.....nice to have a plan.

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »

I used dry shampoo in my teenage years(many years ago ::), but did not like it much..made my head itch! Must admit it was effective though. Did not know they still sold it!!

ooh yes, I love a plan! Might have to be a pieris plant, saw one the other day, really pretty. Last much longer than a wash and blow dry!!

PN x x

honeybun

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2014, 11:09:19 PM »

My daughter gets her dry shampoo in Super Drug. She swears by it for a quick pick me up for her hair and she is very very picky  ::)

I have a couple of pieris plants. Lovely leaf colour although they are a bit bedraggled at the moment.
I can't wait for spring because I have garden plans   :)

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2014, 11:15:33 PM »

Love pieris! Got 3 different varieties in my garden. Love the colours.

purplenanny

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »

Wow, 3, lucky cubagirl. I have 1 ver old one in a pot which I am going to plant in the garden. Then the new one will go into the pot. Which to choose though, saw lots of differnt ones at the nursery.

not long now hb, exciting, what plans do you have?

PN x x

Joyce

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »

They're all quite small. I bought them when we had garden landscaped. Neighbour has a couple, but hers have become rather straggly.

honeybun

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »

Well, our garden is not terribly big but lacks a bit of interest. We have a path that goes up some steps onto the lawn and I want an arch over it to climb a clematis and a honey suckle up and over.
We also have a corner bed that is in a dry shady bit of the garden that looks very sparse. I want to grow tall grasses in there of different types.
I also want a knew garden table as the one we have has fallen to bits.
A lot of wants and it won't all happen but I love to plan as I do love my little garden.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7