Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: BCC on my face..need surgery  (Read 28662 times)

purplenanny

Re: BCC on my face..need surgery
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 10:44:09 PM »

Many thanks HB, I will do that. Just panicking a bit here, it looks so awful and feels as though it needs releasing, if you know what I mean.
I will ring first thing, thank you. x x

honeybun

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »

I know it's easy for me to say but a little drop of blood looks an awful lot and I don't blame you for being a bit panicky about it.
I would sleep well propped up tonight.
Phone first thing and you will be able to get it sorted. You could always put another little light dressing on top of the wet one if it makes you feel more secure.

:hug:

Try and get some sleep.

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 11:24:54 PM »

Good idea to prop up overnight, I will do that. I have put a soft clean towel on the pillow just in case i slip down. Thanks honeyb, appreciate your help and reassurance. PN x x

Joyce

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 11:28:24 PM »

See HB beat me to it. I was going to suggest likewise. Also if necessary place another pad on top of your dressing. Me thinks you're not going to get much sleep tonight, until you see nurse tomorrow, but try and rest at least.

purplenanny

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 11:43:33 PM »

Thanks cubagirl.. all support welcome, trying to calm myself  and stop panicking!

I am just hoping it will be ok if re-dressed. Would prefer it not to be disturbed as the surgeon was very specific and careful with the steri strips, insisting on a certain size. I would be happier seeing him to do it but feel sure that won't be possible.

I think the nurse said I can ring his secretary at the hospital, so might try that first.

fingers crossed. Thank goodness fot the internet, need to watch some catch up tv as I dont think I will be sleeping much!!
PN x x

Joyce

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:35 AM »

How are you this morning PN?

Taz2

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 09:13:55 AM »

Hope you had at least some sleep PN

Taz xx

purplenanny

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:35 AM »

Morning ladies, thank you for checking on me.
I had a very disturbed night and feel a wreck, but the dressing  has now dried and gone dark so I am no longer panicking as it has obviously now stopped bleeding.
last night the blood was very red and the dressing just seemed to be filling up. I was so grateful you were there honeybun and cubagirl
I am only just getting up (very lazy) so will shower and decide what to do after
PN x x

honeybun

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »

Glad things look a bit better this morning. You never really know what is supposed to be normal so it's very easy to panic.
I would still give your surgery a ring just to reassure yourself.

Feet up and do nothing. It's been traumatic for you and you need to rest. Rubbish TV and cups of tea for the rest of the day.

Take good care.

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »

Thanks HB  x x

Taz2

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 10:46:56 AM »

Glad that you are feeling better PN - sorry I  missed your post last night.

Take it easy.

Taz x  :bighug:

purplenanny

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »

Thats ok Taz, no need to say sorry.
I am being very lazy!!
thanks for the hug x x

purplenanny

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »

Decided this morning to go to gp surgery nurse as dressing looking awful and wound really itching.

Male nurse, very positive, whipped the dressings off with what felt like half my face :o
there was a lot of blood being held within the seal of the dressings, so my wound was soggy and the stitches in danger of rotting if left any longer in that condition.

It all feels so much better now and I am so pleased I went. I just have to be careful when washing my hair as this dressing is not waterproof. If anyone has suggestions for keeping it dry I would be grateful.

thanks PN x x

Joyce

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:10 PM »

Can you manage to get someone to wash your hair from the back, like at hairdressers? Say sitting on a chair at wash basin. Even saying that sounds very awkward.  Dry shampoo maybe. Not ideal, but hopefully wouldn't be for too long.

At least you've had it seen to. Have you to go back again?

purplenanny

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 11:34:19 PM »

Yes I could try that, or I could actually have a treat and go to the hairdressers, now there's a thought!! ::)

The stitches are due to be removed on 14th March at the hospital and the nurse said I could go back to him if I needed redressing in between. x x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7