Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Magic of music  (Read 8123 times)

Mrs January

Magic of music
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:27:04 PM »

Hi ladies

I am peri menopausal and in the fog of it all somedays.......

Just taking only the oestrogen part  of Elleste 2mgs until Mirena fitted on 17th Jan...... My best friend at this time is my I pod. It plays me endless music....I get to dance and be silly when ever I want too and my love of music continues. It helps with edge ( I call it this not anxiety) and I get to smile my days away.....

Here's to 2014 and an end to my unhappy relationship and opening of new doors to adventures, I have the love of my two sons......to help me through yay

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Taz2

Re: Magic of music
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:34:10 PM »

:welcomemm:  Mrs January. Perhaps you would like to add to our Favourite Track of the Day thread! http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7597.945.html

Taz x

dulciana

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:00:58 PM »

I couldn't agree more, Mrs. January!   I think listening to music takes you to sounds, "sights", places, emotions etc. etc.  that leave meno feelings far behind.    I'm really glad it's helping you so much.  I think it's impossible to listen to music and not react physically - even if you just tap your feet!   I like to "air-conduct", when hubby's not around 'cos I'd look daft!  (The cat looks at me in a very worried way when I do this................can't think why!)
Dulciana
x
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:06:21 PM by dulciana »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »

When I was unable to sleep I had Radio2 by the bed, turned low .......... friends who are in the music business have lifted my Spirits in ways they will never know

dulciana

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »

Glad to hear that, CKLD!
D.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »

:thankyou:  I love them dearly - they helped in so many ways without really knowing it  ;)

dulciana

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »

Music's always playing in our house, which not only hubby and I love, but also the cat.   I know it's been known for ages that animals react to music, but they really do!  At the moment, our cat's dozing  on the settee between the loudspeakers, listening to organ music (never!) and I know that she'll stay there, dozing, until it finishes or I put it off.  The only time I've ever seen her give the thumbs down to a piece of music was during a TV performance of Mahler's 3rd symphony - she stuck it for the first half hour (it's long!) then she got up, turned round and went out of the room with a disdainful look on her face! 
 :catscratch:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:46:09 PM by dulciana »

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »

Just driven through the rain and flooding to my daughters, to ' Every Good Boy Deserves Favour' by the Moody Blues. Nostalgic, the first album I bought many , many years ago. Still love their music.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »

Much flooding in your area?  Oh Justin Heywood  :-*

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »

Yes down in the village. Live in a river valley. I live up the hill. Must remember this as I puff up the hill! Justin Hayward. Gorgeous!