Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Wishing I wasn't here!  (Read 34825 times)

Suzyq

Re: Wishing I wasn't here!
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »

The cream is formulated to give me 120mg per day which he said would be sufficient for transdermal absorption. I am using ultrogestan 200mg vaginally at night. I tried to split it and felt so ill during the day that I couldn't face that again. I am not sleeping with it and feel crappy with palps etc until it wears off. All the symptoms seem to point to too little progesterone! But the though of having to take anymore makes me ill. I, in canada and they're really into bio-identical compounding pharmacies here!  Perhaps scanning may be the way to go for me (insurance pays for it anyway), or maybe I will just become accustomed to it with time.

Thanks for your advice though - I will give it some thought.

Clkd - it is lovely to feel well again!! I am so much more steady and stable on the patch as opposed to the gel. Without the progesterone malarkey I feel like my old self again .... Naples was gorgeous and made coming back to the snow and minus 25 a bit more bearable although we arrived back to a car at the airport with a flat tyre! Not much fun changing that without any coat or gloves as we were dressed for Florida still ...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2014, 04:51:24 PM »

Glad you had a good time  :yipi:

Hurdity

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »

Hi again suzyQ

Just to say that if you are taking 200mg vaginally - that is definitely more than need for a monthly cycle. Although there aren't official (licensed) reduced doses available for vaginal use, preliminary research shows that far more progesterone gets to the uterus lining than with oral ingestion - due to the uterus first pass effect ( it gets there first before go9ing elsewhere). The private gynaes who prescribe a variation of the standard dose would prescribe half this for monthly vaginal use ie 100 mg per night for 12 nights max.

I am on a 6-7 week cycle and use 12 days x 200 mg vaginally and that is ample to shed my lining.

Hurdity  x

Suzyq

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2014, 08:22:23 PM »

Thanks hurdity - that's useful information. You really are full of knowledge - who helps you out with queries though?!?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]