Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Lining thickened  (Read 2786 times)

Cassie

Lining thickened
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »

I saw my Dr yesterday for my uterine scan, glad to say that my ovarian cyst has def gotten a bit smaller, he noted that my uterine lining is 7.2mm, which kind of freaked me out,  yet he was not concerned as he said that it depends on where one is in your hrt cycle. I am a week overdue on starting my Utrogestan, I was naughty and skipped them last week as I thought that they may interfere with the scan and the pap smear seeing as I take them vaginally,  and am about 2 weeks off my next bleed. He said that the best time to have a scan is just after your bleed, that will give an accurate reading as 2 years ago, the lining was also 7mm, then last scan, I remember going actually whilst I was still bleeding and it was 4mm, so next scan will plan it to go just after the bleed, just a bit of interesting info that I thought that I would share. Next is the dreaded mammogram.... :)

Hurdity

Re: Lining thickened
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »

Hi Cassie

Glad to hear your cyst has reduced in size.

Thanks for the info. My lining was a similar thickness when scanned in the summer but the doctors did not seem enlightened as yours ie did not take into account the fact that I was well on in my 2 monthly cycle - so I still had to have a hysteroscopy - but they had also seen an abnormaility too which they wanted to look at.

Interestingly no treatment was suggested for the thickened lining and once they decided there was nothing wrong re what they found the gynae just said carry on with HRT - so I've no idea whether mine is thickened or not now! Hopefully it is like yours - but I did shorten my cycle to 6 weeks to be on the safe side - that seems to come round all to quickly. Like you I sometimes miss a week so the Utrogestan and the bleed is more convenient - depending on what I am doing.

Good luck with the mammogram

Hurdity x

Cassie

Re: Lining thickened
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »

Thx Hurdity, my Doc is quite conservative and wont just rush into major investigative procedures unless they are warranted, I guess, with your little shadow or whatever it was on the screen that they saw, they wanted to be extra cautious, nothing wrong with that I guess. I just wish that I could get the balance right with the Utro. I told my Doc that I was not happy on the 200mg, found it too heavy going, so he agreed to let me use the 100mg x 12 days, said that that would be enough, will see how it goes and hopefully, I do not get anymore breakthrough bleeds and when I go again, with the correct timing, I hope to see a thinner lining. Thx, Hurdity, not looking forward to the mammo, but just want to get it over and done with so that I can enjoy my Xmas :) x