Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hysterectomy  (Read 8724 times)

Rose

Re: Hysterectomy
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 09:06:25 PM »

That's so interesting about it not being available on the NHS. Actually come to think of it a fellow student had a hysterectomy done in the public hospital and she was there for a week recovering. I am going private (might as well before OH runs off) and my gynaecologist is very up to date with things as that's why I went to him. Oh, so I won't get away with gas problem  :'( have had that problem before and it wasn't pleasant. I will let you know how I get on and my beautiful daughter is lending me her laptop for when I can't sit at computer. In the middle of all of this I had to laugh; had power point presentation to do for Uni but I am hopeless with technology. Son was trying to show me what to do (I had the ideas) but got so frustrated with me he ended up doing it for me! Cheating, I know but I've got 3 more assignments to hand in before end of year! At this point I will accept any help going.
 :thankyou:

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 10:41:15 PM »

My hysterectomy was lower abdominal. 10 years later ovaries were removed through belly button. I was lucky that only surgeon who could perform it up here was on duty that day. They still pump you with gas unfortunately, but a small price to pay for quicker recovery. By the way my ovaries were removed about 10 years ago on the NHS.
Hope it goes well Rose.

Rose

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »

Thank you. Will let you know how it goes x

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »

Taz have PMed you some relevant details which maybe of help.

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »

Good luck with your op Rose

Hurdity x

Rose

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »

Thank you Hurdity and I am sure I will be asking for advice on oestrogen. Just wondered; will I have to take oestrogen the day after my op?
Rose x

Limpy

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »

Rose - hope everything goes well with your op.
Look after yourself.

Rose

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 09:23:07 PM »

Thank you Limpy  :thankyou:

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »

I'm not sure when you will be offered oestrogen - maybe you won't as you are over the age of meno but you will need to ask for it! Someone who has had a hysterectomy at your sort of age and stage may be able to help - and I presume you have looked at the link on the orange menu to the left?

Hurdity x

Rose

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »

Doc said that he's give it to me (he did say 'what if you came off it altogether?' to which I replied 'are you sure you want to be responsible for my killing someone?') I will look up link. thanks Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]