Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Forgive my Ignorance  (Read 2361 times)

donnarob

Forgive my Ignorance
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:26:49 AM »

I often fnd that living in a foreign country and not having many firends who are the same age as me, can be a bit daunting.

My last period was July 2012.  I read somewhere that post meno symptoms really kick in after your last period.  My breasts seems to be changing, is this common?

Donnarob

Dancinggirl

Re: Forgive my Ignorance
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »

In what way are they changing? If you are not on HRT, certainly the lack of oestrogen makes them much softer. I've just come off HRT and my breasts are smaller, softer and more saggy :'(
DG x

donnarob

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 09:49:37 AM »

Hi Dancing Girl, Thanks for your reply.

I am not on HRT and not on any medication.  I feel as if I am coping okay without HRT, but have been experiencing breast tingling/pain and fluid retention.   

There is no much information regarding the menopause but so much on how you are expected to feel post menopause!   I have read that your breasts are changing all the time but one feels heavier than the other. It has always been bigger than the other but generally speaking, my boobs feel as if I am about to have a period!  I still get draggy pains and feel as if my hormones are still very active.  I don't suppose everything just settles down one year after your last period.  Do you think it takes a few years for this transition period?

Donnarob.  :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »

I believe the hormones take some time to settle after your periods have stopped - we are all different - there is no time scale on the menopause I'm afraid.  If you are concerned, I would definitely see the doctor for reassurance. HAve you had a mammogram recently?  Changes or lumps in your breast should always be check out.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »

It can take months/weeks/years for each of us to become accostomed to the new 'me'.  Have you read the menus, left of screen?  There may be advice there for you.  Do you get regular mammograms 'abroad' ?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »

Hi donnarob - I agree with Dancinggirl - this could be a hormonal blip despite being longer than one year since your last period - you may be one of those outside the 95% (or whatever the statistic is!). However once you are truly post-menopausal as Dancinggirl says, your breasts are most likely to shrink and not feel like you have described. It would be sensible to see a doctor if you are worried.

Hurdity x