Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Upper Urinary Tract Infection  (Read 41505 times)

Taz2

Re: Upper Urinary Tract Infection
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 08:40:42 AM »

I've got another docs appointment at 11.20 just to check that I shouldn't be feeling better than I am! I'm feeling a bit better this morning and don't seem to have a fever which is great - first time since Sunday - but am getting much more uncomfy in the bladder area now which wasn't there before. I've still not had any stinging or burning when going for a wee though - thankfully - but I do find that strange.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 10:41:56 AM »

Hope GP can get you sorted today Taz. Nothing worse than feeling rough and not being able to do your usual things.

Hurdity

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »

Glad you're feeling better and the fever has gone - pity about the bladder though! Hopefully you will be on the mend very soon.

Re stopping the HRT - are you still using Vagifem or similar to hlep with bladder issues? When I stopped HRT for 3 months I started to get uncomfy feelings in the bladder after a few weeks ( I think the overall lack of oestrogen caused everything to slacken  :o ), so maybe you are beginning to notice this too? Hopefully just the infection though and those feelings will go when you are completely better....

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »

I sort of forgot about the Vagifem Hurdity so I'm not using anything. I will put that right.

I had a good consultation with the doc - a different one as my other one was full up. She was looking at my results on the screen and said that, yes, they showed a "humdinger of an infection" . Apparently the level of something or other (I can never remember the different names) should be no higher than 299 and mine was 897 with pustules which sounded delightful. She agreed that I should have been fully better by now and has given me a just in case prescription for a different antibiotic should it not have totally cleared by sunday. She was really helpful and said that for something like a kidney infection you always need antibiotics especially for people of  my age - cheers Doc!!!

I still find it strange that I didn't get a lot of pain with it but she said that some people don't which is where the rigors (rye-gors) come into it. Get those and you know that even without pain there is something wrong somewhere. She also said to still rest and definitely not go to a music gig I was going to tomorrow even if I felt better. "Lots of sweaty people in a small hot room and what is probably a quite depleted immune system at the moment - don't do it". Dread to think what'll happen when I go back to school on Monday then - all those bugs lurking around the little sweethearts!!

Taz x  :D

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »

It's good you are feeling better.

Given that the doc wasn't keen on your music gig tomorrow, what did she reckon to your going back to school, with the all little sweethearts and associated bugs?

Rowan

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »

A few years ago when my OH was diagnosed with a Kidney infection he didn't have much pain but he did behave very oddly and he did have a temperature, but it was the odd behaviour, not being aware of what he was doing that that alarmed me.

Antibiotics sorted him out and it has not occurred.

What I found hard to understand was how he got it in the first place.

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »

It can be a number of things apparently. According to Netdoctor the prevalence of it in men and women over the age of 60 is the same but under the age of 60 it is rare in men. Any useful info here? http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/urinaryinfection.htm

Limpy - going back to work is up to me as the infection should have cleared by Monday and I can't be signed off purely for a diminished immune system. It rebuilds itself quite quickly. She just thought it was a bit soon. I reckon she's right and I'd probably get halfway through and be worn out anyway.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »

If you're still not 100% though, I would be cautious with regards to going back to work. Take care.

honeybun

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »

Sounds as if it has been very nasty Taz. It has lasted the best part of a week. Can you not self ....Oh can't remember the word  ::) until you are completely better.

Perhaps you have been a little run down for it have taken such a hold.

Keep resting and I hope you feel much better very soon.

Honeyb
X

Ju Ju

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 07:03:15 PM »

Best wishes for Monday. Hope you have good classroom support. Take care. Ju Ju

Taz2

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »

I've decided to have today off as well - unheard of!

The infection is much better but has still not gone. I haven't got any pain but still need to urinate very frequently and the whole of the urinary tract feels unsettled - that sounds strange but it's just not right. I am about to start the next antibiotic, Ciprofloaxin, which is not something I wanted to do but I don't the infection to take proper hold again. This has been a real learning curve as I would never have thought you could have had such a nasty infection with no real apparent pain.

I am so tired too but at least I had blood tests done three weeks ago as a routine check up and this showed kidney function to be normal so I know that there is nothing worse going on.. hopefully....

Taz  :)

Limpy

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 10:05:03 AM »

Taz -you are doing the right thing.

Hope the Ciprofloaxin works - Hopefully it will be better than Nitrofurantoin (which I always found to be useless)
Stock up on the pro actives to combat possible antib side effects (thrush?)

Taz2

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 10:08:50 AM »

Strangely enough the nitrofurantoin came up as the one most likely to beat the infection together with Trimethroprin which I can't have. I found it worrying that the one most likely to beat it.. didn't!

I have also had the C.Dif likelihood explained to me so have to watch out for that for up to TEN WEEKS.

I'd thought of the thrush aspect too Limpy so will get some whatever they are called later.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »

LIVE yoghurt ;-)

Taz2

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »

Live yoghurt doesn't contain enough of the pro-biotic to make up for what the antibiotics kill off though. I need some acidopholus tabs. Took me ages to remember the name  :D

Taz
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10