Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: What are your weirdest menopause symptoms?  (Read 52834 times)

Joyce

Re: What are your weirdest menopause symptoms?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »

Driving! I can do short trips to supermarket, but ask me to go further and I start panicking!  Hubby does long distance stuff. If I have to drive at night I panic too, even to local supermarket. Driving never used to bother me at all.

Itchy toes. Forever scratching on the carpet. Once it starts, it drives me scatty for hours.

Hot legs. They feel cool to touch, but feels like my blood is boiling under the skin. It's horrid.

Tabbycat

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »

Blimey, what a lot of weird stuff! I'm SO glad it's not just me. ;D None of these things I would have ever associated with the menopause, or even just getting old.

I think I can relate to most of it too. The driving - I still like it but I can't go fast any more, which is probably a good thing but makes me feel a bit pathetic on motorways. However, I have no choice cos OH can't drive (well, he can, he just isn't insured on my car cos he hates driving). He has a motorbike but I don't enjoy going out on this as much as I used to, which REALLY annoys me. It used to be a great stress reliever.

However, on a slightly more positive note: I was thinking earlier that we're the first generation of meno women who have the internet so we can share these experiences with others. That's got to be a good thing. :)

meno lesley

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »

I have had so many weird things happen in the last few years I could go on for ever. I seemed to go from 52 year old with not much going on to someone pushing a switch and turning into a jabbering wreck. 3 years on I cope a bit better with all the madness but in the beginning i truly thought i was going off my head.

This forum made me realise that other women were going through similar experiences and was invaluable to me.

Lesley x

Lizzy

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »

Hello, one of my very first symptoms looking back was falling over / getting clumsy! I remember landing on my knees a few times and getting very upset my legs just seemed to buckle from under me. Off to docs ECG Blood tests ect ! At 49 no mrs ... Nothing wrong !!! No others questions asked ?
Lizzy x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »

I have no spatial awareness particularly around the floor, my feet never seem to be where I think they ought to be  >:( so I trip and tumble a lot ..........

My feet feel cold but DH tells me they are warm  ::)

fiorinda

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 09:42:41 PM »

Ah, I get that knee buckling thing, sometimes my legs go really weak. Also I'm very clumsy, like being premenstrual!

Lizzy

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 09:57:29 PM »

Yep it's definatley like being a teenager in reverse gear lol !
Lizzy

Night_Owl

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »

I can also relate to practically all of this. 

And yes, the clumsiness, it's a real issue - in fact my OH often calls me "Big Foot". 

I used to be a confident driver, however motorways bother me, I get so tense - juggernauts scare the life out of me - parking, I've lost my spatial awareness, used to be great at parking, now the hubcaps are scuffed - it's like I've lost my b@lls, well I guess I have as my last blood readings showed practically zero testosterone!

A bit off topic here, but now I absolutely can't stand talking on the phone for ages.  Most of the above I can put down to years of sleep deprivation, thanks to wretched sweats.  Thinning eyebrows but  hairy chin - more grumpy and witch like with each passing year!

Night_Owl
x

Tabbycat

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »

Thinning eyebrows but hairy chin

Oh hell, yes!

Lizzy

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »

Big foot yeh that's me, I have small feet but they do feel too big for me some days !
Any one miss wearing heels because of being clumsy? I have to wear much more as my mother would have said sensible shoes now, and if I get court shoes must be the ones with the ankle strap or I just wobble out of them even if they are not high !

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »

I used to love heels but not no more. I can wear chunky ones but no stilettos.
The last time I wore them as i was at my sister's. I popped out into the garden and fell flat on my face. I split my lip and my eyebrow. Sad thing was I was sober. If I had had a drink then I might have bounced a bit.

Stilettos went in the bin.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:04 PM »

OUCH!

Tabbycat

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »

High heels are very bad for your posture, regardless of your age.

I haven't worn them since my twenties, I'm 5ft 8' and I can't walk in them - I just look like a bad transvestite.  ;D

Lucky Stone

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »

Yes Tabbycat, I gave up heels years ago, being tall I towered over everyone anyway  :) And driving, wish I'd bought that sports car back in the day as one would be wasted on me now, I hyperventilate over 50 mph!!! But food is my main one - used to love my grub and always looked forward to the next meal, nowadays I am not interested at all and just eat what I have to to give me energy to do other things.  :-X I would LOVE to really look forward to a meal. Keeps my weight down mind, don't need to think about dieting  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »

I lack stamina <sigh> ......... probably due to lack of exercise  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6